A fireplace can be a great addition to your home, but not everyone has the space or money for one. That is why electric fireplaces exist! In this blog post, we will discuss what they are made of and how you should buy them.
Electric fireplaces have been around for quite some time now. They have evolved from being just a novelty item in the living room to becoming an essential part of many homeowners’ lives – with a wide variety of styles and types available on the market today.
The first thing to know about electric fireplaces is that they are not made of wood or other natural materials. Electric fireplaces are actually a type of heater, and the heat comes from an electrical heating element inside the fireplace. This means you won’t have to worry about smoke, soot, or bugs getting into your home if you use one!
What Are Electric Fireplaces Made Of?
- Electric fireplaces are made of a variety of materials.
- They can be constructed out of stone, wood or some type of metal.
- An electric fireplace is a great choice for those who love the look of a traditional fire, but don’t want to deal with all of its problems.
- The electric fireplace is also an energy-efficient choice, as it uses electricity to heat the heaters and spread warmth throughout a room.
- It’s also a great choice for those who want to rid themselves of the mess that comes with opening the flue and dealing with ashes or wood.
- These allow you to simply turn on and off your fireplace without having to worry about messy clean-up.
Electric fireplaces are a great way to add warmth and ambiance into your home without worrying about adding another gas line. They work by using an electric heater that is usually located behind the unit, which heats up elements inside of it. This then spreads heat throughout the room as well as emitting light from the LED lights above. The materials used for this type of fireplace vary greatly based on price range and model selection!
Inside the fireplace, you will see a few different parts. The first is usually a grate which holds up your logs or fuel that is being used to heat up your home. In some cases, there may be glass doors in front of this area for extra safety and design features!
The second part can either be an electric heater behind the unit depending on the model selection or it might just have more LED lights around it. Either way, this part emits heat into your room so you won’t feel any cold air where you are sitting!
Last but not least would be another piece located directly under where most people sit while they enjoy their fireplaces – these pieces help spread even more warmth throughout your living space by emitting radiating waves of heat.
You can choose from a variety of colors and designs when it comes to your electric fireplace. Different paint jobs, different types of design elements on the interior or exterior, and even warming technology that gets updated every year! The only way you will know for sure is by shopping around before making your final decision. Not all fireplaces are created equal – some may be made with better materials than others!
The legs of an electric fireplace are usually made from metal, glass or ceramic. Some electric fireplaces have bases that are wider than the main body so they appear to be more of a piece. These can display other elements besides just the flames, such as what’s on top of your television or mantel.
Other features an electric fireplace may have is some kind of trim around it for decoration purposes and even little side pieces attached to it. The good thing about these types of units is you can move them around until you find just the right place in your home where they look great and go with any decorating scheme there might already be going on in that part.
Some people like their entire unit made from glass because this allows them to see all sides at once easier since there aren’t really bulky parts blocking different angles.
There are different types of this fireplace, including the ones that can mount on a wall. If you want to save space in your room though, there is also an option for something more compact called electric log inserts which looks just like real logs with flame effect but without the hassle of keeping it burning all hours of day or night. Most realistic looking options have full surround heaters too so even if they’re not being used as fireplaces anymore they still provide warmth to keep rooms cozy during winter months.
Another aspect to consider on a fireplace is the controls. There are some simple options where you can just turn it off and on with no need for any other buttons but others have multiple control settings so that not only temperature of the room can be controlled, but also how much heat will come out from vents or even if flame effect is displayed at all times.
The electric log inserts usually require less effort in terms of cleaning as well since ash doesn’t build up inside them like real logs which means there’s nothing needed apart from vacuuming around base once every few weeks. However, they do still need dusting regularly especially after heavy use to make sure it stays looking attractive during colder months when most people enjoy decorating their rooms more often than not.
Taking all these things into consideration, an electric fireplace is definitely not your average heater but it’s still a great way to make sure you get comfortable at home during colder months while also making the room look more attractive too.
Electric fireplaces are designed differently from other types of fireplaces. They have a different inside construction that allows them to heat up quickly and efficiently. Traditional wood-burning fires can take several hours before they become warm enough for you to feel the effects, but with an electric fireplace it’s possible to start feeling its warmth in just five minutes or less!
Electric fireplaces also have an adjustable thermostat that allows you to control the heat. You can set it low enough during the summertime so that it will only emit a small amount of heat, but on cold winter nights you can turn up the dial for some extra warmth!
Electric fireplaces are designed differently from other types of fireplaces. They have a different inside construction that allows them to heat up quickly and efficiently. Traditional wood-burning fires can take several hours before they become warm enough for you to feel the effects, but with an electric fireplace it’s possible to start feeling its warmth in just five minutes or less! Electric fireplaces also have an adjustable thermostat that allows you to control the heat. You can set it low enough during the summertime so that it will only emit a small amount of heat, but on cold winter nights you can turn up the dial for some extra warmth!
Fireplaces are a great way to add warmth and style anywhere in your home. The question is, what types of fireplaces should you opt for? There’s the traditional wood-burning fireplace which heats up one room at a time but may be difficult if there isn’t an existing chimney or flue built into your house.
There’s also gas burning fireplaces that emit heat all throughout your home with less smoke than conventional fire places. You can choose from many styles of electric fireplaces too! They’re safe because they don’t have any open flames so no need to worry about fires starting on accident either.
Electric Fireplace Choices When it comes down to it, choosing between different kinds of fire place has more to do with your personal preferences than anything else.
Electric Fireplace Pros and Cons
- Electric fireplaces are virtually maintenance free, they don’t require any kindling or constant stoking of the embers like a traditional fireplace would.- One big benefit of electric fire places is that you can control them from anywhere in your home. For example, if it’s raining outside but you still want warmth inside then all you have to do is turn on the remote controls!
- Electric Fireplace Styles & Design Options The styles available for electric fireplaces range far beyond what most people imagine at first glance when thinking about how an electric fireplace looks. You can choose from many different colors including black, white, green, brown or even rustic red.
- They also come in many different materials including wood, metal and glass.- Many have the option of being free standing or built into your wall so it looks like a real fireplace but without all the hassle! Electric Fireplace Key Features It’s important to know what kind of features you want out of an electric fireplace before making any purchases. At least then you’ll be able to choose between brands more easily based on feature availability rather than just price which can end up costing you more money if that happens. Some key things to look for include remote control capabilities, heat settings & safety locks, adjustable flames (flickering brightness) and realistic looking logs with simulated ember glow. Consider getting several at once too since these are great additions to any room in your home.
- Electric Fireplace Maintenance Electric fireplaces are much easier to maintain than traditional wood burning or gas burning fireplace so you won’t have to worry about constant cleaning, ash removal and chimney inspections that go along with conventional options either. Just vacuum up the dust every once in a while if it accumulates on top of the heat grates (which is common anyway) and wipe down the glass doors once per season for best results! The Best Brands There’s many different brands out there offering electric fireplaces but some tend to be more impressive than others when it comes down to what they offer vs their price tag attached. If you’re looking for high quality at lower prices then one great brand name I recommend checking out is Dimplex. They offer many different models at great prices and they come with everything you need to get started out of the box too!
- Electric Fireplace Installation Installing your electric fireplace is a fairly simple process but it doesn’t take long either if you’re having professional help do the installation for you. It’s also easy enough to do on your own though so no worries there, just follow all safety instructions carefully when trying this method. If done correctly then an electric fireplace should be good to go in less than one hour tops! Electric vs Gas Burning Fireplaces As mentioned before, gas burning fire places are largely considered better since they emit heat throughout your entire home rather than only heating up one room at a time like electric options tend to do.
- – They also tend to work more efficiently and create less of a strain on your utility bills than electric fire places do.
- On the other hand, gas burning fireplaces require professional installation just like an electric fireplace would so that’s something you should keep in mind before making any decisions either way! Electric Fireplace vs Wall Mounted Heaters Another source of heat which might be recommended over an actual fireplace is wall mounted heaters such as panel style or ceramic infrared models instead. These can provide some great warmth for very little cost at all compared to what it takes to run even a small sized electric fireplace 24/hrs per day. So if budget is tight then these are definitely the better option due to their lower costs but they can’t compete with the more realistic looking flames provided by electric fireplaces either. Overall, these are just some of the many different things you should look for when choosing between an electric or gas burning fireplace so it really comes down to preference after all since they both have their pros and cons depending on what your needs are!
- They also come in many different materials including wood, metal and glass.- Many have the option of being free standing or built into your wall so it looks like a real fireplace but without all the hassle! Electric Fireplace Key Features It’s important to know what kind of features you want out of an electric fireplace before making any purchases. At least then you’ll be able to choose between brands more easily based on feature availability rather than having to choose between two different products which seem similar in every other way.
This is one of the most important features you should consider since it determines how much heat output your electric fireplace will provide so make sure to take measurements before purchasing if necessary! – Flickering Flame Effects: Some fireplaces come with realistic looking flames that flicker just like a real wood burning fire place would, while others might only offer LED lights instead for example.
Remote Control Operation
This feature can be really nice for making adjustments on the fly without needing to get up or go anywhere near an actual fireplace when doing things like turning down the heat or dimming the brightness etc. Electric Fireplace Covers A cover isn’t required but they do offer some protection from dust and general wear and tear over time.
- If you’re going to be using your fireplace on a daily basis then they can definitely make things look nicer in the long run especially if it’s an electric option that might get dirty more easily since there is no open flame for example! Electric Fireplaces vs Gas Burning Fireplaces There are many different benefits which come with owning either an electric or gas burning fireplace but ultimately, this comes down to personal preference based on how much extra effort each one requires to use every day as well as any costs associated with running them (electric fire places will always cost less than natural gas ones). On top of this, both options provide warmth during winter months so it really just depends on whether you want to deal with a flame or LED lights instead. In the end, both have their pros and cons so it comes down to what’s more important to you personally rather than which one is objectively better in every way!
- Some of the most common features include realistic looking flames, heat output sizes/BTU ratings among others.- They can even be made out of glass if desired for an ultra modern look that still provides lots of heat too! If this sounds like something that might interest you then continue reading on below as we’ll take a closer look at some electric fireplace reviews & s today along with everything else related to them such as materials used etc. Electric Fireplace Reviews 2018 In order to help make things easier for those who are new here, we’ve included some of the most popular electric fireplaces that are currently on sale via Amazon which you can check out for yourself if interested.
- Most people prefer to use a remote control with their fireplace instead.- They come in both free standing and built into your wall versions too! Electric Fireplace Materials The materials used will depend on what kind of look you want as well as how much heat output is required among other things but here’s a list of some common ones:
These usually provide lots of light plus they’re visually appealing since it allows you to see the flames from all angles without needing anything else blocking your view.
This material provides very fast heating times and is also durable so it won’t break easily.
This is another very durable option that looks great most of the time but it doesn’t heat up things as fast so keep that in mind! Electric Fireplace Styles There are lots of different styles available when it comes to these fireplaces too including several which might not be immediately obvious such as ones made for RV’s and boats among others.
- Most electric fireplace companies offer a selection of flame effects within their products.
- Some come with real looking flames while others just use LED lights instead or even both depending on what works best for you personally! Here are some common styles/types used by many brands today:
Built into Your Wall vs Free Standing
There isn’t really much difference between them other than one is more convenient to use and the other looks better in your living room.
This is an excellent choice for renters as it can just be easily removed from one place to another whenever needed.
Some electric fireplaces come with inserts that are mounted inside of a larger type of unit such as a TV stand or cabinet which makes them look even nicer than using it on its own without anything else!
How Much Do Electric Fireplaces Cost?
This will depend on what kind you buy but most cost between $100-$1000+ depending on the company, style etc. If interested then feel free check out Amazon’s best selling fireplace options by clicking here.
What Are Some For Using An Electric Fireplace?
- Warmth: these can provide much needed warmth to anyone who lives in a cold weather area during the winter months.
- Ambiance: if you want something that looks great and provides an element of relaxation as well then electric fireplaces are definitely for you!
Safety Tips For Electric Fireplaces
- No open flames. If the glass is broken it could lead to a fire, so make sure there are no cracks or chips in them and if you do notice something let us know right away!
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet from your electric fireplace. This includes wood stoves, candles, fabric couches and curtains, etc., as well as children and pets who may accidentally bump into the unit or knock things over on top of it (which we don’t recommend). You also want to avoid common household combustibles such as gasoline cans or paint thinner within this area too.
- Do not use your fireplace to heat the room. It should only be used for decoration and ambiance while it’s turned off.
- If you notice a burning smell or hear strange noises while using, unplug unit immediately and contact us right away!
- Keep cords out of reach from children or pets who may chew on them (or cause other damage by pulling). And never cover cords with rugs, furniture etc., as they can get damaged that way too.
What is an electric fireplace?
An electric fireplaces provides the same level of ambiance and warmth as a wood-burning fireplace, but without any of the hassle or mess. Electric fireplaces are a safe and practical way to add a charming focal point, heat up your home in the winter, or just create a cozy atmosphere. Unlike gas fireplaces that require venting through walls or windows, electric units have no installation costs – they can be placed anywhere there is an electrical socket!
What types of materials do electric fires use?
The majority of today's models use LED technology to produce realistic flames with high definition graphics for extra detail. Most incorporate multiple flame effects such as natural logs burning on top of glowing embers. Others include additional heating elements so you can enjoy both warmth from the unit itself and from its radiant heat output. Some even offer built-in fans which provide powerful air circulation while keeping users away from the hot air and flames. Fireplaces for sale today come in a variety of materials, colors and styles that blend into your living room décor seamlessly. They can be made from metal or ceramic to look like real stone or brick while some are even constructed with logs! A few models are available with tempered glass fronts so you get the best view of the flickering flame effects inside without worrying about safety issues. Electric fireplaces do not require any installation work which makes them simple to place where they're needed most – at home, in an office or hotel lobby, restaurant dining area etc... Some units have adjustable feet for better balance on uneven flooring while others include remote controls to make operation easy regardless of how far away you sit from it. Most electric fireplaces include a full set of accessories including remote controls, wall-mounting brackets and safety plugs to protect your children or pets. Most even come with decorative mantels so you can place them on top of any flat surface in the room!
What is natural log effect?
A popular design feature today are flames that look like they're burning logs for added realism. You'll find this option available on most wood models but it's also used commonly where stone or brick fronts are present too. The flame effects themselves use LED technology which produces ultra-realistic colors (yellow/orange) while special lenses create hotspots over glowing embers inside the unit – just like real fires do when using logs! Some fireplace models even include natural logs which can be removed and replaced as needed.
What is the difference between gas & electric fireplaces?
A major advantage of choosing an electric fireplace over a traditional wood-burning or gas option is that there's no mess to clean up afterwards! Electric units also provide instant heat without having to wait for them to warm up like you do with flames from real logs. Many people choose this type of unit when they're unable to vent gas through their home walls – such as in condos, apartments and townhouses where chimneys are not permitted etc... In addition, most modern designs incorporate LED flame effects which look very realistic while others offer additional heating elements so users enjoy both warmth from the unit itself AND its radiant heat output too.
What is the best material for an electric fireplace?
Today's models come in a variety of materials including metal, ceramic and even logs to perfectly match your home décor or living room theme! Most offer one or more flame effect designs (LED) while others include additional heating elements so you can enjoy both warmth from the unit itself AND its radiant heat output too. Some also include built-in fans which provide powerful air circulation while keeping users away from hot flames – they're safe to use around children & pets!
Are electric fireplaces expensive?
Some units are available at lower prices than before but with today's modern technology options it's hard to find these types of products on sale! The majority have high-efficiency heating elements and advanced LED lighting systems which provide extra-long service without burning out. Many people choose to buy their electric fireplace from the same manufacturer as the rest of their home décor so they can keep it serviced easily too!
What is a ventless gas heater?
A ventless gas unit uses natural or propane fuel sources (butane/isobutene) instead of electricity but produces heat just like an electric model does – these appliances require no external ventilation lines because all exhaust fumes created by combustion are vented directly outside through its rear wall. These types of units also include heating elements for producing radiant heat with adjustable thermostats and timers etc...
Electric fireplaces are a great way to make your home feel like it has real fireplace. They can easily become the focal point of any living room they’re in and might even help motivate you into starting that wood-burning schedule you always wanted! While some people prefer gas or bio ethanol as their primary heating source, electric is still an option for those who want something more traditional with less upkeep than other options.