Is your fireplace looking a little sad and dingy? Are you tired of the false fire that burns wood, coal, or gas logs? Well, now there is an alternative to those old-fashioned methods! In this blog post, we will show you how to install an electric fireplace on a wall. The installation process has many steps but it’s not as difficult as it sounds. It can be done with basic DIY skills and tools which are readily available at any hardware store.
Installing an electric fireplace in a wall is not as difficult as it may seem. Follow these instructions to install your new fireplace today!
- Step 1: Measure the space you have available before purchasing the fireplace. Make sure that there is enough room for both the unit and any furniture that will be near it.
- Step 2: Clean out the area where you want to install your fireplace, removing any debris or dirt from this spot first. You can even use drywall compound if necessary to fill in holes or cracks, which helps with insulation too!
- Step 3: Use drywall anchors and screws to secure your mounting bracket on each stud of either side of the hole created by Step 1 above. The brackets should be level and can be tightened with a screwdriver.
Steps to install an electric fireplace in a wall are quite simple when you follow these instructions!
Make sure that there is enough room for the unit and any furniture that will be near it before purchasing your new fireplace. Then use drywall anchors to secure your mounting bracket on each stud of either side of the hole created by Step One above. The brackets should be level, so tighten them with a screwdriver if necessary. Your installation process is complete! Now sit back and enjoy watching the fake flames flicker while keeping warm this winter season!
Is It Possible To Install An Electric Fireplace In The Wall?
- Yes, of course! Electric fireplaces are simple to install. They can be installed on the wall or even in a corner. Installing an electric fireplace is easy and does not need any gas connection either. A few basic tools will make it possible for you to accomplish this task easily.
- Some electric fireplace models can be fitted with a remote control to make it easy for the user. These are available in different colors and styles so you will not have any problem choosing your favorite one!
- Moreover, if you really want to try something new then I suggest that you check out some of the best wall-mounted electric fireplaces which we review on our website. There is an article dedicated just to wall mount gas fireplaces where we present several suggestions and reviews from people who actually installed them at home or their office. You might find this resource very useful since there were lots of positive feedback about these products online. We also compare prices so rest assured that they won’t break your bank account either! 🙂
- Don’t forget to check out our homepage if you want to read more interesting articles about electric fireplaces and other heating appliances!
How to Install an Electric Fireplace in a Wall
There are many reasons why homeowners might want to install an electric fireplace in their homes. Electric fireplaces can create a cozy atmosphere, provide supplemental heating and reduce energy costs all at the same time. Fireplace inserts come with detailed instructions that will help you find out how to install an electric fireplace.
- An electric fireplace can replace a traditional fire for supplemental heating.
- The installation process is fairly simple and will only take you a few hours to complete.
- Keep in mind that you have to hook up the fireplace to a dedicated circuit, so check your home wiring before purchasing.
- When it comes to electric fireplaces, there are some safety concerns which you should be aware of!
Can A Wall Mount Electric Fireplace Be Built-In?
Sure! A wall mounts electric fireplace can be built-in. This way, the unit is completely flush with the wall adding a sense of style and class to your house or apartment. Of course, if you want it to look like an actual fireplace then this might not be for you but it still has some amazing benefits that make them worth considering even if they aren’t going to be mounted in a corner somewhere.
There are so many ways to take advantage of having one in the home and they can be useful whether you live alone or with your family. The best thing about them is that once mounted, it isn’t even noticed until someone wants to turn it on but then again, who wouldn’t want this installed into their wall? That would just look too good!
An electric fireplace is more efficient than having a traditional wood-burning one. They can also be safer because they are designed with modern technology, which means that the heat will not transfer to other areas of your home or apartment.
This makes for a more comfortable experience. Also, they are very easy to install and use. All you have to do is plug them in!
They can also be safer because they are designed with modern technology, which means that the heat will not transfer to other areas of your home or apartment. This makes for a more comfortable experience. Also, they are very easy to install and use. All you have to do is plug them in!
An electric fireplace offers many benefits such as:
- A more comfortable experience
- More efficient than a traditional wood-burning fireplace.
- It-Easier to install and use. All you have to do is plug it in!
- An electric fireplace offers many benefits such as:
- Comfortable experience, since they are designed with modern technology that prevents heat transfer to other areas of the house or apartment.
- They are also very easy to install/use; all one has to do is plug them into an electrical outlet.
- Read the instruction manual thoroughly. It is important to read and follow all of the instructions carefully when installing a new appliance in order for it works properly and safely.
- Prepare your workspace before you begin working on wiring or assembling any electrical equipment. Remove anything that might get in the way of making wires, cords, etc.. accessible during the installation process such as carpets, rugs, furniture, etc… this will help prevent accidents from happening while doing home improvement projects around an electric fireplace insert unit.
- If you are not sure about anything or if something does not look right to you, call a professional electrician to install your fireplace insert unit.
Also, if you feel uncomfortable about installing your unit by yourself call a professional to come over and install it for you.
- Place the electric fireplace insert on a level surface so that it will not fall down or tip over. If you are placing the appliance on top of carpeting then make sure there is enough space under the bottom of the fireplace in order for airflow underneath which can prevent overheating.
- Make sure that children do not use electrical devices like an electric fireplace without adult supervision as this might cause accidents such as fires, burns, etc… Also, consider child safety locks (if available with your product) when mounting any appliances onto walls – these will help avoid hazards from happening around young kids who tend to play with things they shouldn’t.
- Avoid using extension cords with your fireplace insert unit as this might cause potential danger coming from electrical fire hazards which can be very dangerous to you, your family, and pets living in the house.
- Do not mount an electric fireplace onto a flammable surface such as drywall or wood – these surfaces are highly combustible materials that will increase chances of having major fires breaking out when exposed to heat output produced by burning logs inside the electric fireplace insert.
- If you have any doubts about what type of wall material is more appropriate for mounting an electric fireplace then consult closely with professionals who install them so they could give some advice on what kind of installation works best depending on your home’s interior design plans.
What tools do I need to install a wall fireplace?
You will only really need screwdrivers and a level. The actual electric firebox comes with everything you’ll need for installation, including an easy step-by-step guide.
I don’t have any experience with installation. How hard is it?
It really depends on your skill level, but for the most part, as long as you can read and follow instructions then you should be fine! You might want to watch a few YouTube videos or call up an electrician just in case.
What if my fireplace doesn't come with all of the necessary accessories such as screws and drywall anchors?
If this happens we recommend purchasing them separately at a local hardware store so that they will fit perfectly into your wall. Most times these things are universal so there won't be too much trouble finding what you need.
My brick fireplace has a built-in heater. Can I mount an electric one on top of it?
No, you need to remove the gas insert first before proceeding with mounting your firebox. The reason is that having both heat sources will prevent either from working correctly or at all! So take out that old thing and make room for something better!
What if I want to install my fireplace in a wall with insulation?
Not much of an issue, you’ll just need to make sure that your electric firebox is properly insulated or else it can lead to overheating and potential safety hazards. Most times this isn't the case but better safe than sorry!
Does installation void any warranties?
No, not at all. Some companies will require you to do certain things (like not removing their product) while others don’t care as long as they get paid for work done on the home. Make sure you ask before buying so there aren't any surprises later down the road!
Do I need to hire a professional to install a wall fireplace?
No, you can definitely do it yourself. Just make sure you have the time, patience, and any other help needed to get it done. If not then maybe ask a friend who has experience with home improvement!
How do I install an electric fireplace in my bedroom?
You can place your firebox anywhere that gets at least 12 inches of clearance on each side for adequate ventilation. Make sure nothing flammable is nearby because otherwise there could be some major problems down the line. Just keep safety first before anything else!
In conclusion, if you want to know how to install an electric fireplace on a wall, the best thing that you can do is have your own home improvement project of installing one. It’s not complicated and there are many instructional videos on YouTube that will show you exactly what it takes.
And once installed, a lot of times people get rid of their old TV stand or media console because they really aren’t necessary anymore with this new trend going around! So go ahead…install yourself some good looks for wintertime!