If you have an old fireplace in your home, you may be wondering how to make it look more modern. Luckily, there are a few things you can do! In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best ways to update your fireplace and make it look more stylish. So if you’re ready to give your fireplace a facelift, keep reading!
If you have an old fireplace in your home, you may be wondering how to make it look more modern. Luckily, there are many ways to do this! In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best ways to update your fireplace and make it look more stylish. Keep reading for tips on painting, tile, and other ideas that will help you achieve the look you want.
How do you Modernize an existing Fireplace?
There are a few ways to approach this project, but the most common methods are either by painting the fireplace or by adding new tile.
If you decide to paint your fireplace, it’s important to choose a color that will complement the other colors in the room. You can also use stencils or wallpaper to give your fireplace a more modern look.
If you decide to add new tile, there are a variety of options available, including mosaic tiles and subway tiles. You can also use different colors or textures to create a unique look.
No matter which approach you choose, be sure to consult with a professional before starting any project. They will be able to give you advice on how to make the most of your space and budget.
- It’s important to choose a color that will complement the other colors in the room. You can also use stencils or wallpaper to give your fireplace a more modern look.
- If you decide to add new tile, there are a variety of options available, including mosaic tiles and subway tiles. You can also use different colors or textures to create a unique look.
- No matter which approach you choose, be sure to consult with a professional before starting any project. They will be able to give you advice on how to make the most of your space and budget.
How do you make an old Fireplace look Modern?
A fireplace has always been considered a valuable asset in any home. Not only does it add warmth and coziness to your abode, but also adds value to your property. However, as time goes by, the design of fireplaces go out of vogue and make way for more modern designs that are sleeker and cooler. So, what do you do if your fireplace is looking a little too old-fashioned for your taste?
Here are some tips on how to make an old fireplace look modern:
- Remove the mantle. This can be a huge eyesore and takes away from the sleek lines of a modern fireplace. Plus, it’s not really necessary.
- Paint the fireplace surround with a modern color. You can also choose a sleek tile finish or even marble tiles to give it a contemporary look. If you’re going for an ultra-modern design, stainless steel would do just fine too!
- Add some artwork on top of your mantel to make it stand out and be more noticeable. This can be anything from a few pictures, framed art prints or even just some candles.
- Consider adding an insert to make your fireplace look brand new! The inserts are available in different styles and sizes so you’ll have many options when choosing one that fits best with your current décor scheme.
The above tips should help you make your old fireplace look more modern and in line with the current trends. So, don’t be afraid to give your fireplace a little facelift – it will definitely be worth it!
If you’re looking for ideas, take a look at our Pinterest board on “Fireplace Ideas” for some inspiration. And if you’re in the market for a new fireplace, be sure to check out our selection of electric fireplaces!
How do you update a 1970s Fireplace?
There are a few ways to update an old fireplace. You can paint it, replace the mantel, or add tile to the surround. If your budget allows, you could also replace the entire fireplace with a newer model.
If you decide to paint your fireplace, be sure to use a high-heat paint. This type of paint is available at all home improvement stores.
You can also update an old fireplace by replacing the mantel with a new one. Mantels come in many different styles, so you could choose something modern or more traditional to match the rest of your room’s decor. You may want to hire someone who specializes in custom carpentry for this job because it will take precision and skill to make sure everything fits together perfectly.
If you want to add a pop of color, consider tiling the surround in bold colors like red or blue instead of white brick! You can find all kinds of interesting patterns at local tile stores that might work well with your existing decorating scheme–just make sure they’re heat-resistant too!
If all else fails, you can always replace the entire fireplace with a new one. This will cost more than just painting it or adding tile but could give your living space an entirely fresh look from top to bottom!
How do you dress an old Fireplace?
There are a few things you can do to make an old fireplace look modern. You can change the mantel, add new tile, or install a new surround. You can also update the hearth and add a new grate. If your fireplace is in good condition, you may only need to make minor changes to give it a more contemporary look.
If your fireplace is dated or in bad condition, it may be best to replace it entirely. A new gas fireplace can be installed in a matter of hours and will give you years of trouble-free use. You can also choose from a variety of styles to match your décor.
Whatever route you choose, make sure to consult with an expert who can help you decide what will work best for your home.
How do you update a Fireplace on a budget?
One way to update a fireplace on a budget is by painting the mantel and firebox white. This will brighten up the space and make it look more modern. Another option is to install new tile around the fireplace. You can find affordable tiles at home improvement stores or online. If you have the money, you can also upgrade the fireplace insert to a more modern model. This will give your fireplace a whole new look and could potentially increase its efficiency. Whatever route you choose, be sure to consult with a professional before starting any projects. They can help you make the right decisions and avoid costly mistakes.
If you’re not interested in making major changes to your fireplace, there are still plenty of ways to update its look. One way is by installing a new screen or glass doors over the opening. This will keep hot air in and cold air out, making your living space more comfortable during cooler months. Another option is to paint the walls around it with an accent color such as red or orange; this adds warmth to any room. You could also add some decorative woodwork around the top of your fireplace mantel. There are many different styles available, so you’re sure to find one that fits well with your home’s decorating scheme!
How do you arrange candles in a Fireplace?
The placement of candles in a Fireplace can make all the difference between an old fashioned look and a modern one. Here are some tips for arranging candles in your Fireplace:
- Place large candles at the back of the fireplace, and smaller ones towards the front.
- Stagger the heights of the candles for an interesting effect.
- Make sure all the candles are in holders so they don’t drip wax on the fireplace.
- Use different colors of candles to create a colorful display.
Why do people put candles in their Fireplace?
- People put candles in their Fireplace to add a romantic element. The scented candles are used as well, because they give off such wonderful aromas when lit and placed around the room.
- Candles can be used instead of burning wood and embers inside your fireplace. They create that same warm glow effect seen with a wood-burning fireplace.
- If you do not have a gas line to your house, using candles in the Fireplace is an easy way to create heat and warmth inside of it during winter months or when there’s snow outside on your roof!
- The candles are often placed in jars as well which makes them even more decorative. You can use different colors of candles and jars to create a really nice look in your Fireplace.
- Some people also choose to put Christmas lights or other holiday decorations inside their fireplace when they’re not being used for burning wood. This is a great way to get ready for the holidays and have that extra bit of decoration in your home!
How can I decorate my Fireplace?
The best way to update your fireplace is by changing the surround. A wooden or tile surround can easily be painted to match your current decor. If you are looking for a more dramatic change, consider adding a mantel or replacing the entire facade of the fireplace with something new. You can also add accessories such as firewood holders, screens, and tool sets to enhance the look of your fireplace. By following these simple tips, you can easily update your old fireplace and give it a modern look.
If you are looking for a more dramatic change, consider adding a mantel or replacing the entire facade of the fireplace with something new. You can also add accessories such as firewood holders, screens, and tool sets to enhance the look of your fireplace. By following these simple tips, you can easily update your old fireplace and give it a modern look.
What do you put on either side of Fireplace?
If we talk about a modern home, the fireplace is usually in the living room. It is often a focus for this area of your house and you would like to design it as such. You can have some pieces on either side of the fireplace that stand out from the rest of your decor or go with something different altogether. There are many ways to decorate your fireplace, but here are some ideas on how you can make it look more modern.
- Adding a shelf or two of decorative items – If you want to add some modern flare to the fireplace area then consider adding shelves with vases and other tall objects on them. You could also use bookshelves if you have a bookshelf in the same room as your fireplace. If not, try using some large planters with plants that are tall enough to stand out from the rest of your decor.
- Adding recessed lighting – When you’re deciding on how do you make an old Fireplace look new, consider adding some recessed lighting. This will help to brighten up the space and make it look more modern overall.
- Using a mantel – If you’re not too sure about how to add modern touches to your fireplace, consider using a mantel. A mantel can be a great way to frame the fireplace and give you some space to put things like candles or picture frames.
- Adding an old piece of furniture – One way that people sometimes decorate their fireplaces is by adding an old piece of furniture. If you have a beautiful antique chair in your living room, consider putting it on either side of the fireplace for some extra flare and style.
- Adding a mantle – If you’re not sure about how do you make an old Fireplace look new, consider adding a mantel. A mantel can be a great way to frame the fireplace and give you some space to put things like candles or picture frames.
- Adding an antique piece of furniture – One way that people sometimes decorate their fireplaces is by adding an antique piece of furniture. If you have a beautiful antique chair in your living room, consider putting it on either side of the fireplace for some extra flare and style.
- Adding a TV – Another way to make your old Fireplace look new is to add a television. This can be done by adding an old TV stand or installing a new one that fits perfectly into the space you have available.
- Adding a mirror – Adding mirrors can be another way to make your fireplace look more modern and updated. It will add some depth as well as light to the room, which will make it feel larger overall.
How do you decorate a cozy Fireplace?
There are a few things you can do to make your old Fireplace look modern. One option is to install new tile around the fireplace. This will give it a fresh look and update the style of your home. Another option is to add a mantelpiece. A mantelpiece can really dress up a Fireplace and give it an elegant feel. It can be made from wood, stone or even marble depending on what style you are going for.
If you have a fireplace in your home then chances are that it’s an old one and needs some TLC. In most cases, the fireplace is nothing more than an empty hole in the wall but if there is a bit of work put into it, you can really make it stand out. So if you’re wondering how to make an old Fireplace look modern, then keep reading for some tips.
One thing to consider is the type of fireplace that you have. If your fireplace is enclosed then there are more options available to you in terms of decorating it. You can paint the inside walls with a bright color and add some pictures or artwork to make it look like you have an art gallery in your own home!
How do I make my Fireplace cozy?
Adding a fireplace to your home can make it feel more cozy and inviting. However, if your fireplace is old or outdated, it can be tough to know how to make it look modern. Here are a few tips:
- Use a clean design with simple lines.
- Choose a light color palette for the mantel and surrounds.
- Consider using a gas fireplace instead of a traditional wood-burning fireplace.
- Install a glass or metal screen to protect against sparks and embers.
- Use contemporary accessories, such as candlesticks or vases, to dress up the mantel.
- Hang artwork or mirrors above the fireplace to add visual interest.
What can I put on my Fireplace walls?
You can put a variety of things on your Fireplace walls to make it look modern. Some people choose to tile the wall, while others may choose to hang wallpaper or use decorative mantelpieces. Whatever you decide, be sure to pick something that accents the style of your fireplace and home.
Can you hang a painting over a Fireplace?
The fireplace is the focal point of the room, so all eyes are on it! Hanging a painting above your fireplace will only draw attention to itself. You want people’s gaze to be drawn upwards when they enter your home, not downwards at some random artwork that may or may not have any meaning for you personally as well as others.
However, if you’re going to hang a piece above your fireplace, try not to go too much smaller than the mantle itself – otherwise it might end up looking weirdly disproportionate! If there is already artwork on display elsewhere in that room then choose something different here like photography or framed textiles instead of paintings so as not to create a visual overload.
If you’re still dead set on hanging a painting over your fireplace, make sure that it is in line with the other design features of the room and doesn’t clash. Also consider the type of fireplace you have – for example, if you have a traditional fireplace with intricate carvings then hanging something modern above it might look out of place, but if you have an ultra-modern fireplace with clean lines and square corners then this would work well too!
A word about scale: Do NOT hang anything smaller than the mantle itself if there is already artwork on display elsewhere in that room. Consider using photography instead such as black and white photos or framed textiles if you’re still dead set on hanging something above your fireplace.
How would Joanna Gaines decorate a mantel?
There are many ways to make an old fireplace look modern. One way is to ask Joanna Gaines for help! She is a genius at decorating and can give your mantel a fresh, new look in no time. Another way to achieve a modern fireplace is by using simple and clean lines. You can do this by removing any clutter and making sure that the mantel is empty. Finally, you can easily update an old fireplace by simply painting it white or a neutral color to give your home a more modern look.
The first step in how to make an old fireplace look modern is choosing what kind of style you want for your house. There are many different styles to choose from, but some of the most popular include: modern farmhouse style fireplaces with white walls and beamed ceilings; rustic cabin-style family rooms with log furniture and exposed beams on the ceiling; or even traditional Victorian homes that have been converted into new living spaces.
If you’re not sure which kind of fireplace would best suit your home decor, you can always get some inspiration by looking at pictures online or in magazines. You may even want to take a trip down memory lane and visit an antique shop where they sell old fireplaces. Once you have found one that appeals to you, then it’s time for some DIY work!
How do you cover a Fireplace?
Covering a Fireplace is a great way to make it look modern. You can use tile, stone, or brick to cover the fireplace. Another option is to use a mantelpiece to cover the fireplace. A mantelpiece can add style and character to your home. There are many different styles of mantelpieces to choose from. You can also choose a color that will match your home’s decor.
If you are not sure which option is best for you, contact a professional contractor. They can help you choose the right covering for your fireplace and give you tips on how to install it. Covering a Fireplace can be a great way to update your home’s decor.
If you are looking for a new Fireplace, visit our website today. We have many different styles of Fireplaces to choose from. You are sure to find one that will match your home’s decor. Contact us today to learn more about our products.
Agency (EPA) certified wood burning fireplaces can use either seasoned or unseasoned firewood. Seasoned firewood has been dried for at least six months.
- This is the best way to achieve a long and hot burn.
- Unseasoned firewood will take longer to ignite, but it will produce less smoke.
- When selecting your firewood, choose pieces that are about the same size so they will burn evenly.
- If your fireplace is dirty or has built-up creosote on the inside, you will need to clean it before using it.
- You can use a wire brush to remove the build-up, then wash the interior of the fireplace with a solution of trisodium phosphate (TSP) and water.
- Be sure to rinse the fireplace thoroughly and allow it to dry completely before using it.
- If your fireplace is in good condition, you may not need to do anything else.
- Just place the firewood in the fireplace, light it, and enjoy the warmth!
- Check if there are any leaks in your gas connections and water pipes.
- Ensure that no one smokes near or around the area where you want to install an old fireplace.-If possible, keep pets away from it while it is burning. They may accidentally knock over the fireplace and get injured.
- If you have a young child, make sure to keep an eye on him or her while the fireplace is burning.
- Never leave a fire unattended in any circumstances.
- Make sure the chimney is clean and clear before using your old fireplace.
- Now that we have gone through the safety precautions, let’s take a look at how to make an old fireplace look modern. There are many ways to do this, but we will focus on three simple methods.
- One way is to change the mantlepiece. If your old fireplace has a wooden mantlepiece, you can replace it with a sleek and stylish marble or granite one. This will instantly give your fireplace a more modern look.
- Another way to make your old fireplace look modern is to change the surround. If you have an older brick surround, you can replace it with a sleek and stylish marble or granite surround. This will also give your fireplace a more modern look.
- Finally, you can simply replace the logs with modern ones. If you are already using an old-fashioned one, then it may be time to get a new one. There are many different kinds of logs that you can choose from, so you should have no problem finding something suitable for your home’s decor and style.
- Make sure there is nothing blocking the chimney.
- Check if the damper is open and functioning properly.
- If you have a gas fireplace, make sure the pilot light is on.-Light your fire from the bottom and work your way up.
- Never leave a burning fire unattended.
How do I get a smooth finish over brick?
You can use thin set mortar or plaster. You might have to knock off any loose material and fill in the holes with some new mortar before you start troweling it on. Once finished, seal with clear epoxy/urethane.
How do you cover an ugly brick fireplace?
An easy way to cover a brick fireplace is by painting it. You can choose to paint the whole thing white or use any color of your choice. However, before you start, ensure that the surface is clean and dry with no dust particles on it. Then proceed with priming it and painting it with two coats of paint.
How do I modernize my fireplace?
There are many ways to modernize a fireplace, but one of the easiest is by using tile. You can either use subway tiles or any other type of tile that you like. Just make sure that the color and style matches the rest of your decor. Another option is to use a mantel made of glass or other materials like stone, metal, or wood.
How can I make my fireplace more energy-efficient?
You can make your fireplace more energy-efficient by installing a gas insert. This will help keep the heat in and reduce the amount of cold air that escapes through the chimney, which can help reduce your heating bills.
How do you cover a brick fireplace with wood?
Start by removing the old bricks and mortar from around the edges of where you want to put your new wood. Then cut pieces of MDF (medium-density fiberboard) or plywood to fit over each section using a circular saw. Once the pieces are cut, use a wood glue and clamps to attach them to the brick. Finally, paint or stain the wood to match your decor.
How do I make my fireplace more modern on a budget?
One way to make your fireplace more modern is by using stone veneer panels. These are thin panels that are made from real stone, but they're easy to install and can give your fireplace a more contemporary look without breaking the bank.
How do you update a brick fireplace?
You may want to consider using paint or tile to give it some new life and makeover this outdated space that is just begging for an upgrade. One way of updating the brick fireplace is by using paint. You can choose any color of your choice including white which will make it look modern and clean.
How do I hide my TV above the fireplace?
If you have a flat screen, one option is to hang it on the wall above your mantelpiece with brackets that are designed for this purpose. If you have an old TV, you can hide it behind a cabinet or bookshelf that will conceal the electronics while still allowing you to use them without having to see them all day long.
How do I fix a cracked fireplace?
You can repair cracks in your brick fireplace by removing loose mortar and fill with new mortar before applying sealant over it. You might also need to use a wire brush to clean the surface before you start repairing it. If the cracks are too large, then you might have to replace the bricks entirely.
If you want to make your old fireplace look modern, there are a few things you can do. First, consider painting the fireplace surround a bright color or using a contrasting tile. You could also install a new mantel and trim. Finally, try adding accessories like candles or plants to give the fireplace a more finished look. With just a few changes, your fireplace will be transformed!