We are going to show you how to build a DIY outdoor fireplace with pizza oven. This is a great project for anyone who wants a little more space in their backyard or just has the time and patience to do it. It will take some work, but we guarantee that this is one of the best projects you can do!
Outdoor fireplaces are a great way to enjoy the outdoors while having fun with family and friends. Outdoor fireplaces can be built in many different configurations, but this particular design is one of the most popular. It is also very easy to build! This guide will teach you how to make an outdoor fireplace with a pizza oven using only common tools you may already have around your home or garage!
What you’ll need to build your Outdoor Fireplace and Pizza Oven?
A large chimney that is at least 12 inches in diameter. This will ensure a strong draft to draw the fire and a good flow of air for your pizza oven. It also needs to be tall enough so there isn’t too much smoke coming out when you open it up after cooking! The best option, if one can be found, is an old fashioned brick fireplace.
Bricks to build the sides of the fireplace and oven. The number of bricks you’ll need will depend on the size of your chimney and how big you want your outdoor fireplace to be. You can also use other building materials such as cement blocks or stone if you have them on hand.
- Metal lath. This is a metal mesh that will help to support the bricks and keep them in place while they dry.
- Mortar mix. You’ll need this to mortar the bricks together.
- A trowel for mixing and applying the mortar, as well as a bricklayer’s hammer for breaking up bricks and stones.
- A long metal rod that is used for clearing out the chimney when you’re done (a broom handle works in a pinch).
Goggles, gloves, dust mask and ear plugs or muffs to protect yourself from flying debris!
- pavers or bricks
- mortar mix
- rubber mallet
How to build the foundation for your Outdoor Fireplace and Pizza Oven?
Start by using the shovel to dig a hole in the ground where you want your Pizza Oven or Outdoor Fireplace to be. Make sure that it is deep enough and wide enough for all of your equipment (i.e., oven, chimney).
- Then, take the cinder blocks and start to build the foundation. Make sure that each block is level with the others so that your oven or fireplace will be stable. You may want to use a spirit level to help you get it just right.
- When you have finished building the foundation, put the metal frame on top of it. This will be the frame for your oven.
- Place on top of this metal frame, some pieces of cinder block (or stones). These blocks should be smaller than those that you used to build the foundation of your Outdoor Fireplace or Pizza Oven. It is important that you leave a space between each one so that heat can circulate properly.
- Now it is time to start building the oven itself. Take some more cinder blocks and place them in a circle, making sure that they are all level with each other. This will be the base of your oven.
- Then, take more cinder blocks and build two walls around this circle. Again, make sure that each block is level with the others.
- The final step is to build the roof of your oven. You can do this by using more cinder blocks, or you can use a metal sheet if you prefer. Make sure that it is securely fastened in place so that it will not blow away in the wind.
There you have it! Your very own Outdoor Fireplace and Pizza Oven, made from scratch! Enjoy cooking your favourite meals in your new oven.
If you have any questions about how to build an Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven, please don’t hesitate to ask us. We are always happy to help.
Now that you know how to build an Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven, you can have fun making your favourite foods.
How to construct the walls of your Outdoor Fireplace and Pizza Oven?
In order to build your Outdoor Fireplace and Pizza Oven, you will need certain tools. Check the list below:
- Tape measure
- Leveler or straight board for leveling purposes
- Hammer with a nail set (for staking wood)
- Power drill with a masonry bit (for drilling into brick)
- Chisel (optional)
- Jigsaw or circular saw (optional).
Now that you have all of your tools, it’s time to start construction! The first step is to determine the size and shape of your fireplace. You will want to make sure that the opening of your fireplace is large enough to fit the pizza oven. The length and width of your build will vary depending on how big you want it to be, but generally speaking, the larger it is, the more expensive it becomes.
For this particular Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven project we are building a square shaped fire pit that’s roughly 33”x33”. The first step is to measure and mark the corners of your square on the ground with stakes. Once you have marked all four corners, use a leveler or straight board to ensure that each corner is even. Then, using a hammer and nail set, drive a stake into each corner.
Now it’s time to dig the fire pit! If you are building your Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven on a dirt surface, start by digging down about six inches. As you proceed through this project, keep in mind that it is not necessary for the base of your fireplace to be dug below ground level. You can build it completely above ground if you choose to, but digging below ground level will help protect your fireplace from the elements.
Once your fire pit is dug, use a power drill with masonry bit to drill holes in each corner of the square where you drove stakes earlier. The purpose for this step is so that we can insert concrete anchor bolts into them and attach our concrete pad to the ground.
Now it’s time to add concrete! It’s best to let your concrete cure for at least 24 hours before proceeding with the Outdoor Fireplace and Pizza Oven build, but you can lay out a large tarp or sheet of plastic if that won’t work in your situation. If painting is something you’re interested in for your fireplace, now is the time to do it. Paint will help protect the brick from weathering and staining.
Once the concrete has had enough time to cure, we can start assembling our Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven! Place one of the square bricks in each corner of the fire pit and use a leveler to make sure they are all even. This will help ensure that the base of your Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven is level and sturdy.
Now, insert concrete anchor bolts into each corner where you drilled holes earlier in this step. Lay out bricks on top of the fire pit according to how big you want it to be (remember, the bigger it is, the more expensive it becomes!). We recommend using a jigsaw or circular saw to cut bricks if you need to, but be very careful not to damage your anchor bolts.
Once your Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven is constructed, enjoy cooking pizzas and other delicious treats over an open flame! And don’t forget to invite your friends and family over to enjoy it with you!
How to install the roof for your Outdoor Fireplace and Pizza Oven?
The roof is an important part of your Outdoor Fireplace and Pizza Oven. It protects the fire from the wind and rain, and it also helps to keep the heat in. The roof should be made out of a non-flammable material, like metal or concrete.
You will need to install the roof before you build the walls of the fireplace. The roof should be slightly smaller than the fireplace, so that it fits snugly against the edges.
You can install the roof in two ways: by attaching it to the top of the fireplace wall, or by installing it on top of the frame. If you attach it to the wall, make sure that there is a gap between the roof and the wall so that air can circulate. If you install it on top of the frame, make sure that the frame is strong enough to support the weight of the roof.
Once the roof is in place, you can start building the walls of your fireplace. Make sure to leave a space for the door and the chimney.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!
How to make a Pizza Oven (for those who want some extra fun)?
- Find a used oil drum, or something similar in size and shape.
- Cut the barrel in half with a reciprocating saw. You can also use a hacksaw but it will take much longer.
- Use a jigsaw to cut out an opening for the door of your pizza oven. The opening should be about 12-14” wide and 18-20” high.
- Be sure to wear a mask and goggles when cutting the metal, as it will produce lots of sparks!
- Line the inside of the barrel with firebricks. This will help to insulate the oven and keep the heat in.
- Leave an opening at the top of the barrel to act as the chimney.
Tips on using and maintaining your Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven
- Make sure to use the Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven in a safe area, away from flammable objects.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby in case of an emergency.
- Always monitor the fire while it is burning.
- Do not leave the Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven unattended.
- When finished using the Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven, make sure to put out the fire completely.
- Store any combustible materials away from the Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven.
- Check for damage to the unit before each use and repair as necessary.
That’s it! Now you know how to safely use and maintain your Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven. Enjoy cooking delicious pizzas and roasting marshmallows for friends and family!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help. Thanks for choosing the Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven!
EPA has specific requirements for outdoor fireplaces. Make sure to follow these guidelines when installing your outdoor fireplace and pizza oven.
The first step is finding the right spot for your outdoor fireplace and pizza oven. The area should be level and have plenty of space for both the fireplace and the oven. You will also need to make sure that the spot is close to a water source in case of a fire.
Once you have found the right spot, start by digging a foundation for your fireplace and pizza oven. The foundation should be at least 18 inches deep and 24 inches wide. If you are not sure how to build a foundation, consult with an expert.
The next step is to build the fireplace. Make sure to use fire bricks for the fireplace. The fire bricks will help protect the area from the heat of the flames.
Once the fireplace is built, it is time to install the oven. The oven should be positioned so that the door faces towards the front of the fireplace. This will allow you to easily access the oven.
The final step is to install the chimney. The chimney should be tall enough to allow for proper ventilation. Make sure to consult with an expert before installing the chimney.
- Never leave your outdoor fireplace unattended.
- Always keep a hose or bucket of water nearby when you are using fire near your home, in case the fire gets out of control.
- Build your outdoor fireplace far away from overhanging branches.
- Never use flammable liquids to start the fire. Always use clean-burning, natural tinder materials like newspaper or dry sticks and twigs. You may also want to consider purchasing a starter log that is made out of wax infused wood chips for easier lighting process.
What size pizza stone should I use?
You can choose from a variety of sizes depending on your budget and the size of pizza oven you want to build. We recommend 14” in diameter, however 12” or 16” may also work well. You need approximately ½ inch thickness for best results. The bigger stones provide a more even cooking surface and will take longer to heat up. The smaller stones are going to be quicker at heating, however they may not give you as good of results in terms of evenly cooked pizza crust.
What type of material should I use for my pizza oven?
You can choose from a variety of different materials to build your outdoor fireplace with a wood burning stove, such as brick or stone. We recommend using clay bricks because they are the most economical option and will provide you with better insulation due to their thermal mass properties. You must make sure that the bricks you select are not treated with any type of chemicals or sealers. If you use another material, such as stone, it is important to make sure that the surface is non-combustible.
Can I use my pizza oven to cook other food items?
Yes! In addition to cooking delicious pizzas, you can use your outdoor fireplace with a wood burning stove for camping or to cook other types of food. We recommend cooking items that require long periods of time in order to get the best results, such as roasts and large cuts of meat.
I want to build an Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven – what do I need?
In addition to a good set of instructions, you will need the following materials: A large pizza stone. Bricks or stones in order to build your fireplace. Make sure that they are not treated with chemicals and have no sharp corners. You may also want something like sand or dirt underneath them so that there is insulation from the ground. Mortar mix and trowel in order to adhere the bricks together. A metal grate or oven floor that can withstand high temperatures. This will be placed on top of your pizza stone and is used for cooking the food. Chimney cap in order to avoid smoke from escaping out of the top of your oven. Building materials will vary depending on what type of oven you want to build. Make sure to do your research beforehand in order to get the best results!
What kind of insulation should I use?
The type of insulation you choose is going to depend on the material you select for building your pizza oven. If you are using bricks, you may want to use fire brick insulation. If you are using a stone or concrete material, we recommend using fiberglass insulation in order to ensure the best results and avoid burning yourself by touching a hot surface.
How thick should I make my oven?
You can choose from different thicknesses depending on the type of pizza oven you want to construct. If you are using bricks for your base material, we recommend building it approximately four inches thick in order to ensure the best results and prevent burning yourself if touching a hot surface.
Now that you know how to build an outdoor fireplace with a pizza oven, it’s time to get started on your own project! Be sure to follow the instructions closely and use quality materials for the best results. With a little bit of effort, you can have a beautiful and functional outdoor fireplace and pizza oven in no time. Enjoy!