When it comes to outdoor entertainment, nothing beats a fire. And while wood-burning fires are great, they can be hard to get going and tend to smoke up the environment. This is where propane-fueled fire pits come in! They make for an easy way to set up your own personal campfire anywhere. But with so many different options on the market today, how do you know which one is right for you? We’ll go over some of the best portable propane fire pit models on the market and help you find what will work best for your needs!
So you want to buy a portable propane fire pit? It can be difficult to find the best model for your needs. There are so many different models out there, and most of them have their own set of pros and cons. We could talk all day about which one is the best, but we don’t think that would help much! That is why we put together this buyer’s guide with our top picks for portable propane fire pits. Whether you are looking for something small or large, these choices will suit any need. So take some time to look through our list before making your purchase!
|Outland Living Firebowl 893 Gas Portable Propane Fire Pit Deluxe Outdoor Gas with Cover & Carry Kit, 19-Inch Diameter 58,000 BTU||
Safe Heating System
|Giantex Firebowl Outdoor Gas Portable Propane Fire Pit, 19-Inch Diameter, 58,000BTU w/ Cover & Carry Kit, Lava Rock Stone and Tank Stabilizer Ring, Black||
Perfect Outdoor Centerpiece
|CAMPLUX Gas Portable Propane Fire Pit Fire Bowl, FP19ML with Cover and Carry Kit, 19 Inch Outdoor for Camping, RV Travels, Tailgating, Manual Ignition 52,000 BTU||
Outland Living Firebowl 893 Gas Portable Propane Fire Pit Deluxe Outdoor Gas with Cover & Carry Kit, 19-Inch Diameter 58,000 BTU – Best Seller
The Outland Living Firebowl propane fire pit is a perfect addition to your backyard and patio. It offers an easy to use, hassle-free experience with the main focus being on safety and quality.
This high quality portable firepit features:
- Designed for year round outdoor entertainment – Provides heat upto 20ft in diameter
- This 19″ diameter fire pit is the perfect fit for your patio, deck or yard. It does not require any professional installation and can be used anywhere in your backyard.
Our customers love this product because:
- Easy to use – No assembly required
- High quality construction at an affordable price point
- Offers a large 19″ diameter fire pit
- Offers a heat radius of 20ft in diameter for year round outdoor entertainment.
It is important to note that you can use this gas propane fire pit anywhere outdoors and even while camping if the situation should arise. It features an easy to read control knob with multiple safety functions, ensuring your safety and the safety of your loved ones.
- Great for camping, fishing trips or backyard fire pits.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- Comes in a beautiful design.
- Easy to transport.
Yes, the best portable propane fire pit on the market.
Giantex Firebowl Outdoor Gas Portable Propane Fire Pit, 19-Inch Diameter, 58,000BTU w/ Cover & Carry Kit, Lava Rock Stone and Tank Stabilizer Ring, Black – Safe Heating System
The Giantex Firebowl is a portable gas fire pit that will surely draw attention with its unique design. It has an urn-shaped pedestal, which gives it an elegant appearance and attributes to the large 19” diameter cooking surface that provides ample room for placing different types of cookware for outdoor kitchen activities like grilling or even just to keep yourself warm during the colder months.
The 58,000 BTU stainless steel burner heats up very quickly and evenly due to its built-in wind guard surrounded by lava rock stones. It has a sturdy powder coated enameled metal frame which ensures that it will last for many years without losing any of its charm or form. With this fire pit, you will also receive a durable cover that is made of waterproof material and has an adjustable strap for easy transport.
The Giantex Firebowl outdoor gas fire pit comes with everything needed to start enjoying it as soon as possible – including a high-quality propane tank stabilizer ring as well as lava rocks which are essential for the fire pit to function properly.
The assembly of the fire bowl is very easy and doesn’t take more than 15 minutes, so you can start enjoying it as soon as possible. The package also includes a one-year limited warranty for your peace of mind. This appliance uses standard propane tanks which are available at local gas stations or hardware stores.
- Small, easy to transport around the yard or take on camping trips.
- Can be used for grilling.
- You will need a propane tank that you have to purchase separately.
Yes. If you are looking for a fire pit that is easy to carry around and use for cooking, this product good portable propane fire pit. For safety reasons it only allows 15,000 BTUs of heat so do not plan on using it in windy conditions or when there’s anything flammable nearby.
CAMPLUX Gas Portable Propane Fire Pit Fire Bowl, FP19ML with Cover and Carry Kit, 19 Inch Outdoor for Camping, RV Travels, Tailgating, Manual Ignition 52,000 BTU – Perfect Outdoor Centerpiece
The Camplux gas portable propane fire pit, FP19ML with cover and carry kit is an excellent choice for outdoor enjoyment. This product has been designed to be used in a wide variety of situations from camping at the beach or yard to parties, tailgating events and more! It comes complete with a durable carrying case that includes everything you need to take the party with you. The cover is made from a waterproof, heat-resistant material and its strong carrying handle makes it easy to transport. This fire pit features 52,000 BTU for excellent performance in all weather conditions!
The product has been designed specifically for outdoor use so that it can withstand various environments without issue. It has a rust-resistant frame with durable stainless steel legs and frame; this product will last for many years. It comes complete with adjustable heat output controls, so you can change the size of your flame depending on if you’re cooking or just warming up. The mesh spark arrestor makes sure that hot embers stay inside the fire pit where they belong.
This product is incredibly easy to set up and use; it even comes with its own propane tank! It has a flow rate of 0.23 cubic feet per hour, so you don’t have to worry about running out of fuel in the middle of your event or fun time outside! This model includes an electronic ignition for ease of use.
- Portable and easy to transport
- Durable, long lasting construction
- No assembly needed; ready to use right out of the box!
- Some users have reported that they wish the product had a larger fuel tank.
Yes! This is the perfect product for all outdoor enthusiasts, whether you’re camping in your backyard or tailgating at a football game. It comes with everything you need to get started right away and it works great!
What is a portable Propane Fire Pit?
A portable Propane fire pit is a type of outdoor heating device that runs on propane gas. It has many similar features to other types of camping stoves, including adjustable heat settings and wheels for easy transportation. Smaller models may be easily moved with one hand, while larger units are designed specifically for outdoor use or can act as an outdoor kitchen.
The top type of portable Propane fire pit is a round metal bowl with a foldable stand and wheels. Larger models may have multi-level side tables for extra cooking space, while some can be used as full outdoor kitchens by adding add-on features such as grills or fry pans. Propane gas fire pits are often used for outdoor parties, especially during summertime when the weather is warm and comfortable to be outdoors.
Types of portable Propane Fire Pits
There are two main types of fire pits available in the market. They are propane, and natural gas. Propane fire pit is cheaper to buy when compared to a natural gas one as you do not have to install any complex pipelines or pay for monthly charges. In case your backyard does not come with an existing line that can be used to hook up the gas line for this fire pit, you will have to go ahead with an alternative option.
However, propane is a gas that can pollute the environment in case it leaks from the tank.
Natural gas fire pit does not have any such issues as you will be able to connect your fire pit easily with an existing pipeline and enjoy its use without having to worry about anything else. It comes at a much higher price than propane fire pits, but is a good choice for people looking to enjoy the fire pit on a regular basis.
Either of these two types can be used at homes or in open spaces such as parks and gardens where you want some light and heat. A propane gas one will need electricity to run fans that push air into it while natural gas ones do not need this.
Make sure you check the type of fire pit that is available in your area and choose accordingly. If you cannot find any, then go for a propane one as it will be cheaper to buy initially but more expensive than natural gas ones when compared on a monthly basis.
A new trend has emerged with recent advancements in technology that allow you to use your phone or tablet as a remote control for these fire pits. This is especially useful when you are sitting near the fire pit and want it switched off without having to go up close every time.
The amount of heat generated by propane ones can be controlled through an adjustable valve while natural gas ones do not have this option. Make sure you check with the manufacturing company to confirm whether they provide for this feature or not before purchasing one of these fire pits.
When compared on a weight basis, propane ones are much heavier than natural gas fire pit models as their tanks are filled with liquid rather than being empty air space that is present in case of natural gas models.
They contain the same amount of heat as a natural gas fire pit but can be used only in open areas where you have access to electricity and do not need much control over its output.
Features to look for in a portable Propane Fire Pit
Quality of materials: A quality portable fire pit will be made from sturdy metal like steel, stainless steel or other metals that won’t rust over time. They also should have a lid and/or screen cover to keep the fire contained when not in use. For safety reasons, they should come with an easy-to-turn gas control valve and a sturdy handle for easy transport.
Cost: Portable propane fire pits can range in price from $30 – $300 depending on the brand, features and material used to make them. If you are looking for something that is heavy duty or made out of stainless steel then expect to pay more money than if it were made out of aluminum or steel.
Space: Keep in mind that you will need some room around the fire pit to set it up, especially if using a larger one like an outdoor propane fireplace which can be very large and cumbersome. Some portable models are more compact than others so they may take less space on your patio for example but you may need to make room for a propane tank as well.
Fuel: A portable fire pit requires fuel like propane, natural gas or even wood if it is designed with an attached log rack and has the capability of burning logs – but most do not burn wood so we won’t go into that here. Some models can even run on liquid propane (LP) which is common in barbeque grills.
Appearance: Will it blend in with your outdoor decor? Does the finish look like it will last over time or does it seem like it could easily scratch or chip? Is there anything that would make you not want to put this out when guests come over?
Warranty: Some portable fire pits are backed by a lifetime warranty on the metal parts while others only have a year or two on their covers. Look for something that offers you peace of mind when buying so you don’t have to worry about it breaking anytime soon.
Factors to consider when buying a portable Propane Fire Pit
- Portability and weight capacity of the fire pit itself. This will determine whether or not you can move it around your yard on a regular basis. Some are incredibly light while others weigh over 100 pounds, so consider how important portability is to you before purchasing one that weighs too much for everyday use. Make sure to check whether or not you can move the propane tank easily before buying it.
- The Number of burners, this is important because if there are multiple people around the fire pit at one time then each person will need their own burner to warm themselves. If your family plans on using more than one burner simultaneously, make sure that you purchase one with an even number of burners.
- Ease of assembly, if you are not proficient in building things then purchasing a fire pit that is difficult to put together will only lead to frustration and potentially injury. Check the reviews online before making your purchase for this information as well as whether or not it came fully assembled from the factory.
- Material, this is important because some materials might not be safe around children or pets. Make sure that you buy a fire pit made from aluminum or stainless steel and nothing flammable such as paper, cloth, etc. Also avoid purchasing an open flame pit without any protective barrier between the flames and your skin. Some pits include mesh screens to avoid this, while others use a built in screen that goes up around the fire pit.
- Warranty and customer support, you should always purchase from a company that backs their products with an extensive warranty as well as top rated customer support. You never know when things might go wrong or break so it’s important to make sure that you can get it fixed if necessary.
- Price and value, this is always a big factor when shopping for anything because you want to make sure that your purchase is worth the money you paid in addition to serving all of its intended purposes. Make sure to check the reviews online before making any purchases so price will be less important than the other factors.
- Safety features, portability and weight capacity of the fire pit itself as well as ease of assembly should always be considered before making a purchase because these things directly impact your experience with using it on a regular basis. Make sure to check whether or not you can move the propane tank easily before buying it as well as the number of burners because if there are multiple people around the fire pit at one time then each person will need their own burner to warm themselves.
When buying a portable propane fire pit, make sure that you choose something made from materials such as aluminum or stainless steel and nothing flammable like paper, cloth, etc. Also avoid purchasing an open flame pit without any protective barrier between the flames and your skin. Some pits include mesh screens to avoid this, while others use a built in screen that goes up around the fire pit.
Propane fire pits are environmentally friendly because they do not emit smoke and soot. This means you can use the propane fire pit indoors or outdoors without worrying about your children breathing in harmful fumes. Plus, propane fire pits are environmentally friendly because they do not emit any greenhouse gases.
Propane fire pits burn cleanly and efficiently with no smoke or soot to mar the view of your beautiful outdoor space. They also have a much longer duration than wood burning fires – up to 12 hours on average which is more than enough time for you to enjoy the warmth and ambience of a fire.
Propane fire pits are environmentally friendly because they do not emit smoke or soot, meaning you can use them indoors without worrying about your children breathing in harmful fumes. Plus, propane fires burn cleanly with no greenhouse gases produced while burning – making these some of the most eco-friendly fire pits on the market.
Safety Tips for Propane Fire Pits
- Do not let children near the pit.
- Keep pets away from it too.
- Be sure to keep it on a flat surface.
- Avoid using it on a porch, deck or other place where there is potential for wind.
- Keep the fire pit at least one foot from any structure and always keep an eye out in case of errant sparks.
- Inspect your propane tank regularly to make sure it’s in good condition and that there are no leaks.
- Do not allow children to use it.
- Always make sure the fire is fully extinguished before leaving it unattended and always put out the embers using a bucket of sand or water.
- Keep your propane tank in an area with plenty of ventilation, such as on a porch where there’s fresh air.
What is the difference between traditional gas logs and a propane fire pit?
The main differences are that traditional gas logs have to be installed inside of your fireplace, whereas you don’t need any installation for a gas pit. These fires also burn at much lower temps than wood or gas logs.
Where can I buy a propane fire pit?
You can find them on retailers websites such as Amazon, Wayfair, Walmart and Target. In addition to their online presence you will likely be able to find some options at your local hardware store or home improvement center.
How much do these pits typically cost?
Prices will vary depending on the materials used in construction, gas source and overall size. You can expect to pay upwards of $100 for a basic model that is intended for use outdoors only. If you are looking for something more permanent or aesthetically pleasing, prepare to spend at least twice as much.
Are there any models that don’t require propane?
Yes! There are some options on the market that run off of wood, ethanol or natural gas. These have to be installed inside your home due to safety concerns surrounding fuel sources being used outdoors.
How much does it cost to fill a typical fire pit?
This will vary depending on the model, but roughly expect to pay at least $15 for a full propane tank. You can save money by using an alternative fuel source such as wood pellets or natural gas that is available from your local service provider.
How long does it take to heat up?
This will depend on the size of your propane fire pit, but you should expect to wait around 20 minutes for it to reach full capacity.
What is the best type of wood or fuel for a portable gas fire?
You can use whatever natural material that works with your model. Some options work better than others depending on how much heat or light they produce.
How long can you use a propane fire pit for?
This will depend on the model and size, but in general expect to get at least four hours of continuous burn time out of most options. Make sure that you read over the product manual before purchasing so that you know what to expect.
How long is the gas line on most models?
This will vary from model to model, but roughly expect a range of around five feet for standard options. If you have longer run that may require extension hoses which cost extra money and time.
What is the temperature range in Propane Fire Pit?
Most models are capable of producing temperatures between 400°F and 1200°F. This will vary depending on your model, but you can expect it to be around 650°F for most standard options.
The above are the top five portable propane fire pit options that you can buy. We recommend that you buy one of these to ensure your patio has a warm and enjoyable atmosphere at night. If you have any other questions, please leave them in the comments below so we may answer them for you! Thanks again for reading and good luck on your search!