The fireplace has always been an integral part of the home. It is a place where people gather to share stories, watch the flames dance in the hearth, and warm up on chilly winter evenings. One thing that has changed in recent years is how we use fireplaces. Gone are the days when you had to keep your eye on logs constantly so they do not burn out or catch anything else on fire. Nowadays, many homeowners have opted for free standing electric fireplace units instead. This article will help you decide which one suits your needs best!
Choosing a fireplace for your home can be quite an overwhelming task. There are many different styles and sizes to choose from, which one do you want? In this article we will go over the best free standing electric fireplaces on the market today. We’ll discuss features, benefits, and where they’re available in order to help make your decision easier!
|HEARTHPRO 5-Sided Free Standing Electric FireplaceInfrared Seater Stove Indoor,Realistic Flame Logs Effects and Overheating Safety (Black)||
Upgraded New Design
|TURBRO Suburbs TS23-C Free Standing Electric Fireplace Infrared Heater with Curved Door Stove with Adjustable Flame Effects Overheating Protection Timer Remote Control 23" 1400W Black||
|TURBRO Suburbs TS25 Free Standing Electric Fireplac Infrared Heater Stove with Adjustable Flame Effects,Overheating Protection,Timer,Remote Control -5" 1400W Black||
HEARTHPRO 5-Sided Free Standing Electric FireplaceInfrared Seater Stove Indoor,Realistic Flame Logs Effects and Overheating Safety (Black) – Best Choice
The HearthPro is a high-quality fireplace that delivers the perfect ambiance for your home. It comes with an auto shut off safety feature so you can rest easy knowing it will turn itself off if left on too long or when there’s no ventilation in the room.
This unit comes complete with realistic flame effects and logs, adjustable thermostat, and a remote control.
This is the perfect heater to help you save money on your heating bills during those cold winter months. It’s also great for any room in your house or office! You’ll be able to enjoy a warm fire wherever you go with this versatile unit that can be used as an indoor fireplace or outdoor patio heater.
- This unit is made of high quality materials and it’s very durable.
- It looks great in any room!
- The HearthPro comes complete with realistic flame effects, adjustable thermostat, remote control for convenience & safety features to protect the user against overheating.
- You can choose between three different heat settings (lower/medium/higher).
Yes, this is a great unit that comes at an affordable price. It’s perfect for anyone looking to save money on their heating bills during the winter or even as an extra source of heat in any room of your house.
TURBRO Suburbs TS23-C Free Standing Electric Fireplace Infrared Heater with Curved Door Stove with Adjustable Flame Effects Overheating Protection Timer Remote Control 23″ 1400W Black – Upgraded New Design
A modern, free-standing fireplace designed to look like real flames and logs. Simply plug it in for instant warmth without any installation necessary! This electric heater is great for areas where a traditional wood burning stove may not be feasible or practical.
- Realistic flame and log display with adjustable temperature for year round use without any installation necessary. Heats up to 400 sq ft!
- Adjustable thermostat allows you to set the exact room temperature, as well as an overheat protection safety feature that will shut off if your fireplace gets too hot.
- Remote control allows you to easily change the settings from anywhere in the room.
- Black finish looks sleek and modern, perfect for any decor!
- Can be used with or without heat, allowing you to use it as a regular fireplace display if desired.
- More expensive than other options
- Requires a power outlet to work. Cannot be used outdoors or in areas that do not have access to an electrical socket.
This product is perfect for anyone looking to add a little extra warmth and ambiance without the hassle of installation. The adjustable flame, remote control, and thermostat make this fireplace easy to use in any room!
TURBRO Suburbs TS25 Free Standing Electric Fireplac Infrared Heater Stove with Adjustable Flame Effects,Overheating Protection,Timer,Remote Control -5″ 1400W Black – Adjustable Flames
The TURBRO Suburbs TS25 Free Standing Electric Fireplace with Infrared Heater Stove is a brand new fireplace model which includes the high-grade sophisticated elements for heat generation. A stylish looking black design can be seen on this unit, along with an adjustable flame effect and 1400 watts of power it will provide warmth in any room.
This unit can be used as a heat source and for decoration purposes, it has the standard safety features such as overheating protection and timer setting control to ensure that you get your money’s worth from this electric fireplace. There is also a remote control included with purchase which allows you to adjust all of these settings without having to walk over to the fireplace and manually adjust them, this unit is very convenient.
- The unit is very well made and looks great.
- This electric fireplace provides a lot of heat for its size, which makes it perfect in small rooms or places where heating isn’t as efficient.
- There are many different settings that can be adjusted withj the included remote control such as temperature and flame brightness/color to make this unit more comfortable.
- This unit has a very sleek and modern looking design, which helps make it fit in with most decorating styles/themes.
- The price of this fireplace is much less than many other models on the market making it an affordable option for anyone who wants to add some extra warmth or decoration to their living space.
- This unit’s size makes it difficult to find a good location for, so you’ll have to plan your purchase carefully.
- The remote control isn’t very intuitive and takes some time getting used to in order to work properly.
Yes, if you’re looking for a stand alone electric fireplace that is modern and sleek then this unit is perfect. It works well as both a heating source and decoration piece so it can be used all year round in the living room or bedroom. The price of TURBRO Suburbs TS25 Free Standing Electric Fireplace with Infrared Heater Stove makes it a great purchase for anyone who is looking to add some extra warmth or decoration without spending too much money.
What is a Free Standing Electric Fireplace?
A free standing electric fireplace can be placed anywhere in the room, and it is a great alternative to a traditional fireplace. The heat output of these units is around 1500-2000 BTUs which means that they will keep you warm even on cold days. Free standing models are also often smaller than other types of fireplaces so if space is an issue, this is the best choice.
Most models come with a remote control and an adjustable thermostat so it has all of the modern features that you would expect from any other appliance in your house. It can also be used without heat if you are just looking to add some ambience to your room.
A free standing electric fireplace is the perfect addition to any home. You can place them anywhere in your house or even outside during the summer months for additional heat and ambience on those balmy evenings.
Advantages and disadvantages of a Free Standing Electric Fireplace
Free standing electric fireplaces are the perfect choice for those who want to enjoy a cozy evening without spending too much money. They can be placed anywhere in your home and they do not require any installation work, which is great news if you need an instant solution or just don’t feel like dealing with the hassle of professional assistance. Furthermore, they are easy to move around because of their compact size.
- There are many great models on the market, but you should consider some important features before making a purchase decision.
- They can be used for heating only or you have the option of choosing between heaters and fireplaces with flames included. However, it is worth noting that free standing electric fireplaces that include flames are more expensive than those without.
- Most models on the market come with a remote control, which is extremely convenient if you want to change settings and adjust things according to your preferences quickly and easily.
- They can be used as tabletop or floor decoration items thanks to their stylish design and compact size.
- They can be placed anywhere in your home, even if you don’t have a wall socket nearby because they require minimal installation work and do not need to be wired into any circuit. The only thing that might prevent you from placing them where ever you want is the cable length which varies according to each model or brand.
They are easy to move around because they do not weight too much and the fact that you can use them for heating only makes this task even easier. Although, it is important to note that some models might be cumbersome due to their shape or size so you should consider reading through user reviews before making a purchase decision.
As you can see, free standing electric fireplaces offer a lot of benefits and they are definitely worth having in your home. Of course, there is no such thing as the perfect product because each model has its own pros and cons so you should choose carefully before making a final decision.
As far as disadvantages go:
- They cannot be used during the summer months, which means that you might want to consider heating alternatives such as portable heaters.
- They require minimal installation work but they cannot be wired into any circuit so if this is something that bothers you, then free standing electric fireplaces are not for you. You will need an electrical socket nearby and it has to be 220 volts.
- Compact size is great because they can be placed anywhere in your home but this might also be a disadvantage if you want to use them as heating alternatives for larger spaces such as open living rooms or big dining areas.
- In conclusion, free standing electric fireplaces are the perfect choice for those who enjoy cozy evenings at home and they can be used as heating alternatives for smaller spaces. They require minimal installation work and the only thing you need to do after unboxing them is plugging in an electrical socket nearby. It might not look like much, but this simple action makes a world of difference when it comes to ease of use or if you don’t feel like dealing with the hassle of professional assistance.
Free standing electric fireplaces are definitely worth having in your home, but you should consider some important features before making a purchase decision. For example, they can be used for heating only or you have the option of choosing between heaters and fireplaces with flames included. Furthermore, most models on the market come with a remote control, which is extremely convenient if you want to change settings and adjust things according to your preferences quickly and easily. They are also easy to move around because they do not weight too much and the fact that you can use them for heating only makes this task even easier. Although, it is worth noting that some models might be cumbersome due to their shape or size so you should consider reading through user reviews before making a purchase decision.
Types of Free Standing Electric Fireplace
There are three main types of free standing electric fireplace: those that plug into a standard household wall socket, those with their own dedicated power cable and ones which have both options. The first two can be moved from one area to another as needed but the latter is generally permanently fixed in place where it’s installed – unless you take the extra step of getting a long extension cord to route power from another room.
If you have a corner fireplace, it’s going to be difficult or impossible for the flame effect not to show on two sides. You can simply position it so that these aren’t being viewed but this could look odd and may affect how much heat is blown into the room.
If you’re looking at a wall fireplace that has USB charging ports, make sure they are not supplying power to any other device plugged in through them (such as an alarm clock) because this could potentially cause problems for your phone or tablet if it doesn’t have surge protection built in.
How to choose the Best Free Standing Electric Fireplace for your home?
The best free standing electric fireplace should be the one that suits your needs. There are many types of fireplaces, and you can choose to have a gas or wood-burning stove, but why not go for the convenience of an electric fireplace? It is very easy to install these appliances in any room without having to worry about ventilation ducts or any other complex installation.
When purchasing a free standing electric fireplace, you should take into consideration the size of your room and how much heat it needs to generate. If you are looking for an efficient heater that can warm up large spaces or multiple rooms at once, then opt for one with 1500 watts or more. On the other hand, if you are looking for a smaller unit, then go for something with less than 1500 watts.
Another factor to keep in mind is how your home will look like when the fireplace emits heat. Some models tend to get very hot and may affect other items around them; others emit only warm air that won’t cause any damage or discoloration to other objects.
You should also consider the design of your fireplace and if it matches with the rest of the furniture in your house or office. There are many different models available that can replace standard electric heaters, so you don’t have to worry about not matching décor; but still make sure there is enough space around the unit to avoid accidents.
Things to consider when buying an Best Free Standing Electric Fireplace
- Size: Make sure that the size of your fireplace matches with the interior design. This is very important because you will not want to buy a product which looks out of place in contrast with other furniture pieces. Also, if it’s too big for space then this could also be an issue as there would be no room left for movement.
- Safety: The fireplace should be well designed to ensure that there is no risk of accidents or injuries while using it. It must have a safety switch which automatically turns off the fire if tipped over, along with other features like automatic shutoff in case of overheating and child lock for extra protection.
- Efficiency: In order to save money you should go for a fireplace which is energy efficient and can be programmed accordingly.
- Design: The design of the product must match with your home interior and give it an elegant look. It needs to blend in well within the environment around it, while giving out sufficient heat as required by you. If these factors do not match up then this could make your house look like a mess and create problems in the future.
- Cost: Depending on the features you select, it is possible to get good free standing electric fireplaces under $200 while others can cost more than $1000 depending upon their size and material used for its construction. Therefore, one must consider their budget before making a purchase.
- Location: You must check the location of your fireplace and make sure that there is enough room for airflow around it, otherwise this would create problems in its functioning which can be dangerous as well. It should not block any doorways or staircases; instead you need to keep some space on all sides so that it can be accessed easily.
- Performance: The product should give out sufficient heat in order to keep your room warm and cozy during winters. It needs to match up with the size of your home, or else there would be no point wasting money on something that is not required by you. You must ensure that this factor does not go wrong as it would waste a lot of your money on something that does not fit in.
Most free-standing electric fireplaces do not create a large amount of heat, but they are able to warm your living space on chilly nights. As an added bonus, ambient light can be used to set the mood in any room! A number of items also use LED lighting for this purpose as well.
- Some of these items can even be used in a bedroom to add some soft light for reading.
- Free-standing electric fireplaces do not require venting and they will not cause the same level of carbon dioxide emissions that their gas counterparts create (more on this below). They also tend to have more realistic flame effects than other types, which you can see in the video below.
- Free-standing electric fireplaces are safe and easy to use (there is no need for a gas or chimney connection). They can be used all year round, even during power outages!
A common misconception about electric fireplaces is that they are safe. Although the fireplace itself does not produce any smoke or fumes, you should still keep it away from children and pets as there may be sparks coming out of the unit. A good way to ensure safety is by keeping an eye on your young ones while playing near this appliance.
Another concern related to the fireplace is its heat. If you are using it in a room where there are babies, toddlers or pets that can easily get hurt by this kind of heating device, make sure to keep them away from direct contact with the fire and even indirect ones as well. These things may influence their safety greatly so take care before making a purchase.
- Keep kids at bay
- Don’t let them touch the fireplace
- Make sure to place it far from pets and toddlers as well
Another important thing to keep in mind is that you should plug the fireplace into a proper socket. If it feels loose, do not use it and get an electrician instead to check everything out before doing so. A lack of grounding can lead to fires or even electrocution which may be very dangerous for your safety and well-being as well as for those around you.
- If the socket is loose, do not use it
- Have an electrician check everything out before using the fireplace
- Make sure to ground your unit if needed
- Always unplug it when you are done using the fireplace
It is best to be safe than sorry and that applies in this case as well. Keep these safety tips in mind if you want to make sure your family is protected from any harm related to an electric fireplace, especially cords or sockets not being properly grounded.
What is the best free standing electric fireplace?
The following are some of the top-rated fireplaces on Amazon.com (in no particular order). Is it okay if my free standing electric fireplace is not wall-mountable? Can I still buy the unit? Yes, your purchase will be fully refunded even if you do not have a place where you can mount the fireplace.
Can I install my free standing electric fireplace myself? Will it be difficult to do so?
No, you will not need tools and there is no chance of injury or damaging your unit because all you have to do is plug in the device’s cord into an outlet. This is the most common way to install a free standing electric fireplace.
What are some good brands of free standing electric fireplaces?
Some popular brand names include DeLonghi, Dimplex, and Safavieh. They all have top reviews for their products on Amazon or other online retailers where you can find multiple free standing electric fireplaces.
What are some essential features of free standing electric fireplace?
Features to look out for include the following, if any apply to you or your home’s décor and design style preferences: Touch screen control panel on unit. Realistic flame effect (flicker). Remote control. Timer options.
What are the key points to remember when buying free standing electric fireplace?
Some things to consider before you buy include whether or not they have a remote control, how realistic the flame effect looks (flicker), and if there is an option for a timer. You should also check out different brands to find one that best fits your needs.
Can I buy a free standing electric fireplace with an LCD screen?
Yes, there are some models on the market that have touch control panels and screens for you to choose from at home (and easily operate). These types of fireplaces can be found in multiple colors as well.
How do I know if my free standing electric fireplace is the best fit for my home?
There are some things to consider, such as how much room you have available in your living space and what type of décor style it would be compatible with (if any). You should also check out different brands to find one that best fits your needs.
How do I know how many BTUs my free standing electric fireplace should have?
A quick and easy way to find this information is by checking out the product’s description on Amazon or other online retailers where you can easily look up important details about each unit, such as power and dimensions.
As you can see, there are many benefits of owning a free standing electric fireplace. It is the perfect way to bring warmth and comfort into your home. If you already have one or plan on getting one, we hope this guide was helpful! We would love to hear about it in the comments below so please feel free to let us know what you think. Thanks for reading!