– Take a piece of leather. You can use an old wallet or purse, or just buy a square yard from the store.
– Cut the leather into a rectangle that is twice as long and wide as your hand, or about 38cm x 14 cm.
– Draw two pockets on opposite sides of the rectangle: one measuring 17cm from top to bottom and 15 cm across; another at 25cm tall and 20 cm across. Also cut out an opening for air intake in the upper part of the longer side (about 12mm square). This will be where you stick your mouth when blowing into it!
– Insert a piece of newspaper into each pocket. The paper should be thick enough that it won’t rip, but you can experiment with various types and thicknesses until you find one that works well for your needs.
– Fold the excess leather (on both sides and top/bottom) over and pin in place using safety pins or binder clips. If desired, sew around all edges except the opening on the long side so everything is nice & sturdy!