Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can cause serious injury or death. It is created by the incomplete combustion of fuels such as wood, coal, and natural gas. This means that if your fireplace isn’t functioning correctly, then it could be producing carbon monoxide instead of just heat and light! Read this blog post to learn about the signs you should look for in your fireplace to see if it’s emitting carbon monoxide.
A good way to check for carbon monoxide in your fireplace is find the exhaust vent. If this vent lets out gas, then you should be concerned because it could mean that fumes are coming into your home instead of going outside like they’re supposed to!
Another sign that there may be something wrong with your chimney or flue would be if smoke only comes out of one side when trying to light a fire. This often means that air can’t flow through properly and will cause an incomplete burn which creates carbon monoxide as well! You also want to make sure all cracks around the door seal are sealed so extra oxygen doesn’t get inside either since too much oxygen can cause problems as well. Make sure nothings blocking the heat shield of the fireplace too.
Another sign that you should look for is if your glass door has a different color on one side than it does on the other. This means something inside isn’t allowing heat to get through properly and therefore can cause an incomplete burn which produces carbon monoxide! You also want to make sure there are no blockages in between bricks or mortar because this will prevent proper airflow as well, causing issues such as those mentioned above. Also, check out floor registers (vents) since these need to be clear as well so fresh air gets pulled into the home instead of backup chimney where fumes may accumulate from not burning correctly. Make sure nothing’s blocking any part of them either like debris or furniture etc…