As the winter approaches, many homeowners are looking to buy a fireplace for their home. A gas or wood burning fireplace is a traditional way of heating your home and adding ambiance, but some people are concerned about the environmental impact that it could have on the air quality in your home. The good news is that you can also buy an electric fireplace which has no negative environmental effects!
It is a common misconception that if you are using an electric fireplace, then it doesn’t have any positive impact on the environment. While this may be true in some cases, there are many benefits to owning an electric fireplace! In today’s blog post, we will discuss 5 reasons why having an electric fire place is better than using your regular old gas or wood-burning stove.
Make a call to Protect the Environment
Make a call to protect the environment by using electric fireplace. In fact, you will do more than that if you have it in your home or office. You can feel comfortable while saving energy and cleaning up our planet at the same time! Electric fireplaces burn with an eco friendly flame which is created from a series of copper wires inside the unit. It is not using gas, oil or wood to produce heat so there will be no carbon dioxide released in the environment during the burning process of electric fireplace.
The benefits of electric fireplace are many, but perhaps the greatest advantage is that you can use it without any risk to your health. Other forms of heating emit gases and other toxins into the air which has been linked to respiratory illnesses such as asthma, pneumonia and bronchitis. The indoor air quality will improve with an electric fire place because it emits little to no toxins.
Some other benefits of using electric fireplace are:
- You can use this device for both indoor and outdoor purposes, so there is a lot of flexibility in choosing where you want to place the unit. You can move your fire pit from one area to another with ease by simply hiring a mover.
- You can use it to decorate your home in the winter and add a cozy touch. Even though you cannot create enough heat with electric fireplace, this device is still useful when it comes to adding beauty of fireplaces without worrying about harmful emissions of other types of heating units. It will be great family fun for everyone!
- You can save up to 50% on your energy bills because this eco friendly fireplace will help you to keep the temperature at an economical level. It has been estimated that by using electric fireplaces, consumers can reduce their monthly heating expenses with 15-20%.
- And finally, it is safe for homes with children and pets since there are no flames or emissions of any kind.
Electric Fireplace’s Location
- Electric fireplaces are often placed in the main living areas of a home. This is typically because they provide supplemental heat to these rooms, which tend to be used more frequently than other parts of the house. However, some homeowners choose not to place their electric-powered fireplace in an area where it can easily be seen by guests, as they are often meant to be decorative.
- Electric fireplaces can also be placed in the home’s bedrooms or bathrooms if it is not possible for them to fit into other areas of the main living area. These rooms may require an electric fireplace that has a smaller profile so it does not take up too much space within the room.
Electric Fireplace’s Impact on the Environment
- A traditional fireplace can be eco-friendly if it is used efficiently. However, some homeowners may opt to use their wood fireplaces regardless of whether or not there is a need for them in order to keep indoor air cleaner. Electric fireplaces do not require fuel and they are powered by electricity, which is a cleaner source of energy.
- An electric fireplace does not provide heat in the same way that traditional wood fireplaces do, so it may have little or no impact on indoor air quality. Some homeowners choose to use supplemental heating sources along with their electrical fireplace because they are saving fuel for when it is really needed rather than just keeping the room warm all the time.
- If an electric fireplace is placed in a large home, it could help to cut down on energy costs by providing supplemental heat only when needed and reducing the need for another heating source. This may provide enough savings over time to make up for its purchase cost and installation fees.
Positive Impact-interior and Exterior Decoration
When electric fireplaces were first introduced, they gained a lot of popularity for their decorative benefits. The warmth and glow that it provides can transform the look of any room in your house into something more beautiful and cozy. It makes the home much more inviting and relaxing, especially during cold seasons.
The benefits that this appliance can provide do not limit to just being a decorative piece. It also provides other positive impacts on your house as well as you living in it. An electric fireplace is actually one of those appliances which are energy efficient. This means that they have a very low consumption of electricity and some models can even come with a remote control.
The device is also more eco-friendly than any other heating appliance and this makes it the best alternative to use when your primary source gets broken down or you’re simply looking for an energy efficient choice. It has been reported that they only consume between 500-1000 watts on average, which is only about the same as a coffee maker.
Wood Fireplaces emit Pollution
The air pollution caused by wood burning is so severe that the WHO (World Health Organization) has ranked it as a class I carcinogen. It contains some of the most toxic known airborne chemicals such as formaldehyde and benzene, which are not only linked to cancer but also can cause birth defects and harm development in children’s bodies.
However, the same is not true for an electric fireplace. The only by-product of combustion in an electric fireplaces goes out through venting.
The US Department of Energy has estimated that a fireplace emits as much carbon monoxide and formaldehyde in one hour than a car does over 100 miles.
Electric fireplaces do not emit any toxic fumes, they only use electricity to power the flame effect which is made up of metal wires coated with phosphor. The flow of electricity through these metal wires produces heat and this is what causes the flame effect.
The only by-products of electric fireplaces are water vapor, carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxide which contribute to global warming but in much smaller amounts than wood burning fireplace emits.
Even though they do not emit any harmful gases or particles into the air, you should keep your room’s ventilation system on when using an electric fireplace to ensure you are not breathing in any dangerous fumes.
GAS Fireplace’s Air Pollution
- A gas fireplace emits carbon dioxide, which is a greenhouse gas that contributes to global warming. It also releases nitrogen oxide and other harmful byproducts into the air such as formaldehyde – gases that can cause respiratory problems!
- The air pollutant levels are even worse in homes with more than one fireplace. However, many people have multiple fireplaces because they cost less to operate compared to heating the entire house using natural gas or electricity.
- There are many other health issues that you risk from gas fireplaces as well. For example, a gas fireplace emits carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide which can cause dizziness or sleepiness! Additionally, the chemicals released during combustion react with sunlight to create ground-level ozone – also known as smog – which causes eye irritation, respiratory illness, and inflammation of the lung.
How Safe the Electric Fireplace
If you are looking for a safe fireplace, then it is better to avoid real fire. In case of electric fireplace, there is no threat from carbon monoxide and other harmful gases that emanate from burning wood. There will be no risk involved in handling the gas which does not emit poisonous fumes unlike a conventional one.
The electric fireplace emits no odor and soot, which is the main reason it doesn’t cause any respiratory problems. You can enjoy a beautiful flickering flame without worrying about your lungs or eyesight. During the winter period when doors and windows are closed for most of the time indoor air quality becomes very poor due to carbon dioxide emitted from heating systems.
When you are using electric fireplace, there will be no such problem as it does not emit any kind of pollutants inside the home and thus enhances indoor air quality. Due to its heat-free feature this type of fireplaces is very popular among pet owners who don’t want their pets to get close or injured by fire.
It is also very safe for children as they cannot touch the glass or electronic parts of it and suffer from burns. It does not emit any sparks which may cause a fire accident in case of real fireplace and so has no risk associated with it. You can save money on your energy bills without compromising on style while using electric fireplace.
It does not demand a high wattage and thus is power efficient as compared to conventional fireplaces. You can use an outlet with maximum 1800 watts without causing any damage. The room temperature will be raised by only 20 degrees which helps in saving energy bills also. In order to keep your home warm during winter, you need some amount of heat.
Electric fireplace will produce the same amount of heat without producing any harmful gases or smoke which may cause pollution to your home and also affect the indoor air quality of your house. You will not have to worry about ventilation system as it does not emit any odor, soot, sparks etc that can be dangerous for you if inhaled.
It will also help in reducing the formation of soot on your walls and furniture which is a common problem with conventional fireplaces. You can enjoy all these advantages without worrying about air pollution, safety issues or expenditure for fuel to keep it going. Electric fireplace has no less aesthetic value than real ones as you can set them up in your house to give a realistic look.
No Fear of Fire
No need to worry about the fire getting out of control or burning down your home. Electric fireplace is a safe way to have a warm and inviting atmosphere in your living room without having any risks involved.
There are no fumes, soot, ashes or smoke coming from an electric fireplace – they’re clean and very efficient with the heat they produce.
Electric fireplaces are designed to be efficient, so you won’t have to deal with high energy bills after installing one in your home.
Electric fireplaces make for a great way to keep the fireplace look and feel without having any of the mess or hassle. Visit our website to see what we have in store!
Fireplaces give off a lot of carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide traps heat and can contribute to global warming, so it is good that electric fireplaces do not emit this gas into the air as does wood-burning ones. In addition to emitting CO, traditional fireplaces also need chimneys or flues that often leak other gases such as nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide, which can be dangerous.
Electric fireplaces are also energy efficient because they use electricity instead of wood or gas to create warmth. Some models include a heating element that converts the heat into infrared rays for faster warming. This means you do not have to worry about starting your fireplace first thing in the morning if you are not ready to go out for the day.
Electric fireplaces can be installed in homes without a chimney or flue, making them great options for rooms with low ceilings that might not accommodate traditional ones. They also do not need any form of ventilation and produce no smoke, ash or sparks. This makes electric fireplaces great options for small homes or apartments with limited space.
Electric fireplaces are safe, easy to use and energy efficient appliances that can provide warmth when you need it most in the winter months without impacting your home’s environment too much. They also come in a range of designs and styles to fit any décor theme. The only major drawback is that electric fireplaces are expensive to buy, so you might have to save up for one.
No Emission Fireplace
An electric fireplace is a great alternative for those who are looking to cut down on greenhouse gas emissions. A traditional wood-burning fireplace emits more than four pounds of carbon dioxide per hour, which contributes greatly to global warming. With an electric fireplace, you can have the same feel as a real fire without harming the environment in any way.
- One of the biggest positives to using an electric fireplace is that it keeps you warm without emitting greenhouse gases, which are harmful to the environment.
- By choosing an electric fireplace over a traditional wood burning one, homeowners can reduce their carbon footprint and keep themselves warm at home all winter long!
- An electric fireplace is a great alternative for those who are looking to cut down on greenhouse gas emissions.
- An electric fireplace emits more than four pounds of carbon dioxide per hour, as opposed to an average wood burning fire that releases about 40 pounds.
- In addition, many homeowners believe their eyes receive the best benefit from using a traditional fireplace over an electric one. However, this is not the case at all!
- For those looking for a new home appliance that can heat up their living space while cutting down on harmful greenhouse gases, you should consider purchasing an electric fireplace today.
There is no Actual Fire
Electric fireplaces are an alternative to the traditional fireplace that does not emit any harmful gases or other byproducts into your home. The fact that there is no actual fire makes them an especially green and environmentally friendly option.
This type of fireplace has been around for years, but it wasn’t until recently that they became popular with consumers due to new technologies increasing their efficiency while also making them more affordable than ever before. Their small size means you can fit one anywhere in your home and they come in a variety of styles that can complement any decor. Whether you want to replace your traditional fireplace or add one to an area where there isn’t currently a heating source, electric fireplaces offer the same look but better function for a fraction of the price.
Gas-powered fireplaces are not only expensive but they also emit large amounts of carbon dioxide and other pollutants into the atmosphere. Electric fireplaces do not cause any pollution whatsoever, which makes them a better choice for your home or office environment.
- Fireplaces have been around for centuries, and they are a popular choice in just about every home.
- However, fireplaces can be dangerous to your health as well as the environment.
- They are expensive to operate and they emit large amounts of carbon dioxide.
- In addition, fireplaces can also cause accidents if not properly installed.
- Electric fireplaces have a number of benefits over gas powered ones as well as ordinary electric heaters.
- First off, an electric fireplace is very easy on the eyes, especially when compared to a loud and dangerous gas fireplace.
- Electric fireplaces are also safer, easier to install, and they emit no pollutants at all into the atmosphere whatsoever.
- In addition, homeowners can save money on their electric bills by using an electric fireplace instead of heating with electricity from other sources such as coal power plants.
- There are many different types of electric fireplaces on the market, ranging from realistic looking imitations to models that are more modern in design.
- Electric fireplace inserts can be installed into any existing gas or wood fireplace with very little renovation required.
- Electric fireplaces also make great gifts for people who want a cozy home without having to deal with all of the problems associated with using fireplaces.
- Some of these electric fireplace inserts are even available in a number of different colors to help them blend into almost any decorating scheme that you might have going on at your home or office.
- If you are not sure which type of cord is best for your fireplace, consult with a reputable dealer.
- Only use fireproof materials when building or remodeling the house around the electric fireplace.
- Be aware of the surrounding area and make sure that there is nothing flammable nearby.
- Never block air vents as they need to keep the fire burning evenly. Otherwise, you might end up with a house filled with smoke or even cause an explosion!
- Keep flammable materials away from the fireplace.
- Make sure to turn off the electric fire place before leaving your house for an extended period of time or when you go to sleep at night. If not, it might cause a fire that will lead to devastating results!
- Do not over heat areas where there is no need.
- Keep children and pets away from the fireplace, just to be safe!
- Use only fire resistant glass or ceramics when placing candles in front of an electric fireplace.
- Never use flammable liquids such as gasoline to light up your electric fireplace. If you want a more natural flame effect, opt for a gas fireplace instead.
- Ensure cords are placed in an area where they will not be tripped over or damaged by furniture.
- Keep the electric fire place away from water to avoid short circuit or electrocution risk!
- If you want your room filled with smoke, then opt for natural wood burning ones.
- Make sure to install the electric fireplace properly.
- Keep fire extinguishers nearby in case of emergencies!
What are the benefits of using an electric fireplace?
The benefits of using an electric fireplace include the fact that they give off no fumes or toxins, which makes them very safe. They can be used in places where there is not a lot of ventilation and it is possible to run one without even opening windows. People who have asthma, allergies, or respiratory problems can also benefit from using electric fireplaces.
What are the benefits of an electric fireplace compared to a gas one?
Electric fireplaces have no smell and there is not risk of carbon monoxide poisoning like with other types that use gas for fuel. Electric units do not release toxins into the air either while they are on and they do not require an open window for ventilation. This is a benefit because people with asthma, allergies or respiratory problems can use them without worrying about dangerous toxins entering their home.
How efficient are electric fireplaces? Is there any risk of wasting too much energy if it heats up the room quickly?
The latest technology has managed to make electric fireplaces very efficient. While they are not 100% energy-efficient, the newest models require less power for them to function and operate more efficiently than older units. There is still a small risk of wasting too much electricity if it warms up the room quickly because most people will turn off their units once it does so, but the risk is still very low.
This is a difficult question to answer. Electric fireplaces are not the best option but they also don’t have negative effects on our planet either. They can be used when needed and turned off in other situations where a fireplace isn’t suitable, such as in summertime or in rooms that already get plenty of heat from sunlight.