It’s time to get out of the house and have some fun in your backyard! A propane patio heater will help you stay outside for hours on end, but it can be difficult to know which models are worth your money. We’ve compiled a buyer’s guide that covers all the key features of outdoor propane patio heaters so you can find the perfect one for your needs.
The weather is warming up outside and you’re looking for the best outdoor propane patio heater to buy. You need to make sure that your purchase will provide enough heat for you and your loved ones, while also not costing too much in terms of money or time spent working on it. Buying a propane patio heater is an investment, so you have to do some research before making a decision!
|Amazon Basics 46,000 BTU Outdoor Propane Patio Heater with Wheels, Commercial & Residential - Havana Bronze||
High Heat Output
|Hampton Bay 48000 Btu Stainless Steel Outdoor Propane Patio Heater||
Durable And Sturdy
|Sunjoy 47,000 BTU Avanti Outdoor Portable Propane Heater for Patio and Garden with Safety Auto Shut Off Valve and Wheels, Gray||
Amazon Basics 46,000 BTU Outdoor Propane Patio Heater with Wheels, Commercial & Residential – Havana Bronze – Best Seller
This Amazon Basics 46,000 BTU Outdoor Propane Patio Heater is perfect for both commercial and residential use. With its Havana bronze finish, it will add a touch of elegance to any patio. The heater also comes with wheels for easy portability.
- Havana bronze finish.
- Wheels for easy portability.
- 46,000 BTUs.
- Dimensions: 33.86L x 20.08W x 82.68H inches.
- Weight: 61 pounds.
This Amazon Basics 46,000 BTU Outdoor Propane Patio Heater is a great choice for anyone looking for an elegant and easy-to-use patio heater.
- Easy to use and light weight. The product can be easily moved around the patio for convenience, while still remaining sturdy and stable on almost any surface thanks to its wide base.
- The heater is easy to assemble out of the box, making it a great option if you don’t have time or tools to spend assembling a more complicated product.
- The 46,000 BTUs provide plenty of heat to warm up an entire deck or patio area on chilly evenings.
- This Amazon Basics model has a very attractive bronze finish that will complement any outdoor décor.
Yes, this Amazon Basics 46,000 BTU Outdoor Propane Patio Heater is a great option for anyone looking for an easy-to-use and affordable patio heater. It provides plenty of heat to keep you warm on chilly evenings and has a stylish bronze finish that will complement any décor.
This stainless steel Hampton Bay patio heater is a great choice if you’re looking for an outdoor propane heater. It has a BTU rating of 48,000, and it comes with a wheeled base for easy portability. The hammered bronze finish gives this heater a stylish look that will complement any outdoor décor.
This product is a must-have if you’re looking to keep your outdoor space comfortable while hosting guests. It offers 48,000 BTUs of heating power at an affordable price. This heater also comes with a wheeled base for easy portability and mobility on any surface. With its hammered bronze finish, this heater will look great in any outdoor setting.
- Wheeled base for easy portability and mobility on any surface.
- Stylish hammered bronze finish with red glass beads.
- 48,000 BTU heating power at an affordable price.
- None identified.
This Hampton Bay patio heater is a great choice for anyone looking for an outdoor propane heater. With its 48,000 BTU rating and stylish hammered bronze finish, this heater is sure to keep you and your guests comfortable outdoors. It also comes with a wheeled base for easy portability. Don’t miss out on this great product!
Sunjoy 47,000 BTU Avanti Outdoor Portable Propane Heater for Patio and Garden with Safety Auto Shut Off Valve and Wheels, Gray – Durable And Sturdy
The Sunjoy 47,000 BTU Avanti Outdoor Portable Propane Heater for Patio and Garden with Safety Auto Shut Off Valve and Wheels is a perfect choice for those who are looking for an outdoor heater. This propane patio heater comes with a wheeled base that makes it easy to move around, and it also has a safety auto shut off valve that helps to keep you safe.
This patio heater also has an adjustable heat output, so you can customize it to meet your needs. Plus, it has a durable steel construction that will last for years. If you’re looking for a quality outdoor propane patio heater, the Sunjoy 47,000 BTU Avanti Outdoor Portable Propane Heater is a great choice.
- Wheels make it easy to move around.
- Safety auto shut off valve.
- Adjustable heat output.
- Durable steel construction.
- Easy assembly.
- Must be placed on flat surface.
This outdoor propane patio heater is perfect for those who are looking for a durable yet portable option. Plus, it has an adjustable heat output and safety auto shut off valve that help to make it easy to use. If you want the Sunjoy 47,000 BTU Avanti Outdoor Portable Propane Heater.
What is a Patio Heater and why do I need one?
A patio heater is a portable outdoor heating system, typically powered by propane gas. A typical model includes an adjustable flame height and safety features to reduce the risk of accidents or injuries. Some models include wheels for easy movement around your home or garden while others are anchored in place on a pedestal.
A patio heater is a great way to extend your outdoor living space and enjoy the outdoors even on cooler days or nights. They can also be used to provide warmth and comfort at parties or other events held outdoors.
If you’re considering purchasing a patio heater, read on for our buyer’s guide to the best outdoor propane patio heaters.
Types of Outdoor Patio Heaters
There are two types of patio heaters: propane and natural gas. Propane units typically cost less to purchase initially, but they take more time to warm up and require a refill every few hours. Natural gas models need an outdoor line installed (which can be expensive), but you can leave them on all night without worrying about running out of fuel.
- Be sure to check local bylaws before buying a natural gas patio heater. You’ll need permission from your city or town in order to have the outdoor line installed on your property.
- Some natural gas models have a backup electric heating element that kicks in if the flame goes out. You can also buy an electronic ignition instead of matches or a lighter to keep your hands safe and dry when starting up the heater.
- Propane patio heaters are generally safer than natural gas units. They don’t require an outdoor line, so you won’t need permission from the city to install it.
Factors to consider when purchasing an Outdoor Patio Heater
- The size of the area you want to heat.
- The type of heater (tabletop, floorstanding, wall mounted).
- The fuel type (propane or natural gas).
- The price.
- The warranty.
When choosing the best outdoor patio heater for your needs, you need to consider a few factors.
The size of the area you want to heat is one important consideration – if the area is large, you will need a floorstanding or wall mounted heater.
The type of heater is another factor – tabletop heaters are good for small areas, while floorstanding or wall mounted heaters are better for larger areas.
The fuel type is another consideration – propane heaters are portable, while natural gas heaters must be attached to a gas line.
Finally, consider the price and warranty of the heater before making your purchase.
How to choose the right size Outdoor Propane Patio Heater for your needs?
When it comes to buying an outdoor propane patio heater, the first thing that you need to do is determine the size of your space. This will allow you to make sure that your new purchase is perfect for what you are trying to achieve with this type of device. The best way in which most people can accomplish this task is by using a tape measure. However, you must also consider the height of the people who will be using it too.
If your patio heater is going to be used by tall individuals on an outdoor space that is somewhat large (for example: 15 feet wide and 40 feet long), then we recommend buying one with more BTUs than what you may think you need. If you have a patio heater that is going to be used by shorter people on a smaller outdoor space (for example: six feet wide and 20 feet long), then we recommend buying one with less BTUs than what you may think you need.
Another thing that you should take into account when choosing an outdoor propane patio heater is the type of fuel that it uses. There are three types of fuel sources available on the market today: propane, natural gas, and electricity.
Each type of fuel source has its own benefits and drawbacks. For example, propane patio heaters are portable and can be moved from one area to another very easily. However, they can be expensive to run and the fuel source is not always readily available. Natural gas patio heaters are less likely to tip over than propane patio heaters because they have a very stable base, but natural gas lines may need to be installed in order for these types of units to work properly. Electricity patio heaters do not require any sort of installation, but they can be more expensive to run and are not as portable as propane or natural gas patio heaters.
Once you have taken all of these factors into consideration, you can then begin to look at the different outdoor propane patio heaters that are available on the market today. We have compiled a list of some of the best-selling and most popular models below.
How to install and operate an Outdoor Propane Patio Heater?
First you need to install the propane tank and attach it to the heater. Follow the instruction manual and make sure that all connections are tight. Turn on gas supply and light up your unit with a lighter or matchstick! Now, just turn on regulator knob for desired setting of heat output. Please keep in mind that some units have a auto-shutoff feature, so make sure to read the instruction manual carefully.
The best outdoor propane patio heaters are easy to operate and provide plenty of warmth on a cool evening. They are perfect for adding some extra heat to your deck or patio area. There are many different models available, so it’s important to do your research.
The Outdoor Propane Patio Heater is an easy to use heater that offers convenience, versatility and safety in one package. The heater uses propane gas which can be purchased at most hardware stores or home improvement centers. Once you have the right size tank just connect it with a flexible hose that comes included with this unit so you’re ready to go.
The propane heater is perfect for those who want the convenience of a gas-powered appliance without all the fuss. It ignites with a simple matchstick and has an adjustable heat output, so you can customize it to your needs. The built-in safety features will help keep you and your family safe while you’re enjoying the outdoors.
The Outdoor Propane Patio Heater is a great way to add some extra warmth to your deck or patio area on those cool fall evenings. It’s easy to operate and provides plenty of heat to keep you comfortable. With its built-in safety features, you can rest assured that you and your family are safe while you’re outside.
Tips for using your Outdoor Propane Patio Heater safely and effectively
- First, always check your fuel tank to make sure it is completely empty. If you have any gas left in the line when shutting off your unit, you will create a dangerous situation that can cause a propane leak or explosion if not taken care of immediately. Additionally, never attempt to use an open flame inside of a building with no ventilation.
- Ensure that your propane gas is turned off at the tank when not in use, and always check all connection points to make sure they are tight before using again.
- If you notice any damage on your tip or body of heater, contact customer service immediately so repairs can be made before causing an accident.
- Keep any flammable objects like leaves, newspapers, or other debris at least three feet away from your outdoor propane patio heater. Additionally, do not use in an enclosed area – make sure there is plenty of ventilation.
- Use caution when moving the heater around – it gets hot! Always be aware of where you are moving it and how you will transport.
- Ensure that the gas is turned off at your propane tank when not in use – do not leave on overnight or unattended for extended periods of time, which can cause a leak if left open.
- Be aware that bushes and plants around your heater may grow more quickly than normal due to higher temperatures.
- Follow all directions on the manufacturer’s instructions for use, maintenance and storage to prevent accidents involving children or pets that may be attracted by its warmth.
- Check your propane tank gauge before using; if it is below half a tank, you should refill it to avoid having an empty tank causing malfunctions
- Propane tanks come in different sizes. If you have a small tank, it will need to be refilled more often than a large one.
- When not in use, cover your outdoor propane patio heater with the included weatherproof cover to protect it from the elements. This will help increase the life of your unit.
- If you live in a very windy area, it is best to anchor your patio heater down so it doesn’t get blown over.
- A propane patio heater is a great way to extend the use of your outdoor living space into the colder months. By following these simple safety tips, you can enjoy its warmth for years to come.
- Remember that propane is a highly flammable gas, so be sure to use caution when using your outdoor heater and follow all directions provided by the manufacturer for best results.
FAQs about Outdoor Propane Patio Heaters
What is the difference between an outdoor propane patio heater and a regular patio heater?
Outdoor propane patio heaters are specifically designed to be used outdoors, while regular patio heaters can be used either indoors or outdoors. Outdoor propane patio heaters typically have a higher BTU output than regular patio heaters, making them better suited for heating larger areas. They also typically have a weatherproof housing, which protects them from the elements.
What are the benefits of using an outdoor propane patio heater?
Outdoor propane patio heaters offer several benefits compared to other types of patio heaters. For starters, they produce more heat than electric or infrared patio heaters, making them ideal for colder weather. Outdoor propane patio heaters are also more efficient than other types of patio heater, since the gas is burned outside rather than inside your home. Outdoor propane patio heaters also typically last longer than other types of patio heater, making them a better long-term investment.
What are the different types of outdoor propane patio heaters?
There are three main types of outdoor propane patio heater: standing, tabletop and wall-mounted. Standing patio heaters typically have a larger heating area than other models since they produce more BTUs; however, they can be quite expensive due to their high quality. Tabletop patio heaters are the smallest and most affordable type of outdoor propane patio heater, while wall-mounted patio heaters are a good option for areas that don't have much floor space.
How do I choose the right outdoor propane patio heater?
There are several things to consider when choosing an outdoor propane patio heater. First, consider the BTU output of your heater. Do you need a patio heater that can heat up an entire room or would one with lower BTUs be sufficient? Next, think about where you will place the outdoor propane patio heater and make sure it fits well in its intended location. Finally, think about how much floor space is available for the patio heater. If you have a lot of space, a standing patio heater would be a good option; if not, consider a tabletop or wall-mounted model.
How do I install an outdoor propane patio heater?
Most outdoor propane patio heaters come with assembly instructions, so it's important to read these carefully before installing the patio heater. Outdoor propane patio heaters typically require a 20 pound or larger propane tank, which must be installed by a professional if it isn't already present on your property. If you do not have access to an outdoor propane grill, many manufacturers offer optional alternatives such as natural gas conversion kits. In addition, make sure to place the patio heater in a well-ventilated area and keep it at least five feet away from any combustible materials.
As a way to reduce your carbon footprint, propane patio heaters are the best. Propane doesn’t produce greenhouse gas emissions and it is not regulated by any government agency which means that you have total control over what kind of fuel mix goes into your heater. In short, there will be no leaks or spills since everything related to the fuel is handled on site.
If you are looking for a patio heater that will not only keep you warm but also help out in conserving the environment, then propane is your best bet. Not to mention, propane heaters are cheaper to operate in the long run when compared to electric heaters.
There you have it! The many benefits of using a propane patio heater. Be sure to keep this information in mind when shopping for your next heater.
- Propane is not regulated by any government agency, meaning there will be no leaks or spills.
- Patio heaters that run on propane are cheaper to operate in the long run.
- Using propane has little to no impact on the environment, making it a great choice for people who are looking towards reducing their carbon footprint.
- Propane heaters conserve more energy than electric heaters do which makes them even better at helping out in environmental protection efforts!
- Keep children away from heaters at all times because they are very hot, that is why a child’s safety is especially important.
- The propane tank should always be positioned outside the house, away from doors and windows that may open into a heater which could lead to an explosion if triggered by sparks or flames.
- Always keep children and pets at least three feet away from heaters while they are in operation because you never know when the propane tank might explode.
- When purchasing a heater, ensure that you can easily access its gas supply because in case of an emergency it is important to shut down the flow quickly and safely by simply turning off the valve on your cylinder.
- Use extreme caution when refueling so you do not spill any gasoline or fuel onto you or your clothing which could cause an explosion if it came into direct contact with a hot surface of the heater.
- Make sure to read all safety instructions on how to properly install and operate propane heaters for your household needs before turning them on because doing so may lead to serious injury, fire, gas explosions and death.
Now you know what propane patio heaters are and the benefits of owning one. You should make a thoughtful decision on which heater is best for your needs, budget, and space requirements. We hope our reviews have helped you in making an informed choice!